Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Chefs

2 posters

Go down

TV Chefs Empty TV Chefs

Post by ramiejamie Mon 28 Sep 2020, 7:48 pm

TV Chefs

I watch all the TV cookery programs.
Years ago my favourite TV chef was Delia Smith, and why not, she was gorgeous, and taught you basic cooking through to ‘fancy’ cooking.
Throughout the 80’s, 90’s, and naughties Keith Floyd reigned supreme, was he the best chef? no, but he was a consummate entertainer and has never been equalled.
I have this week re-watched ‘Floyd on France’ on BBC i-player , well worth a peep.
My current favourite TV chef is Rick Stein, he tends to combine his cooking with a bit of a travelogue.
His style of cooking tends to be ‘proper’ meals which he gets from various foreign countries and he recreates in his home in Cornwall.
Jamie Oliver too tends to do tasty family meals, I quite like him.
Other favourites are Tom Kerridge, he is currently doing an ‘eat well and lose weight’ programme, he has lost 12 stone from his 30 stone weight.
I like Nigel Slater, he does proper food, and the lovely Nadiya Hussain.
The Hairy Bikers are very entertaining, ‘Bakeation’. Asian Adventure’ and ‘Best of British’ are some of their many programmes.
For the ‘phwoar’ factor, the beautiful Nigella Lawson, ‘drink on a stick !!!!!!! LOL
Mary Berry has been cooking for 90 years !!!!! LOL, she is great.
Hugh Fiddly Stocking Tops Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall champions locally sourced food well done he.

I  ABSOLTELY HATE  the pretentious food they do on BBC’s Masterchef, this is the overpriced, lacking in volume, looks over taste, waste of space grub that you get in ‘posh’ restaurants.
I HATE IT where they boil down a hundredweight of vegetables to give yo a teaspoon  of ‘jus’ !!!!!!
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

Back to top Go down

TV Chefs Empty Re: TV Chefs

Post by Lolly Mon 28 Sep 2020, 7:57 pm

Years ago when I had my rayburn I always had a stock pot going in winter. It cooked the most lovely roast beef.
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Mon 28 Sep 2020, 8:10 pm

Sounds good Lolly.

Currently we are bowt a cooker.
Our two last ones just got past the 3 year warranty and then loads of functions packed in and wanted a lot of money spending on them.
We get by with a microwave with a built in grill and one of those circular glass  halogen ovens, we get by, I eat mainly salads.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Mon 28 Sep 2020, 8:15 pm

My favourite Gadget

Last edited by Lolly on Tue 29 Sep 2020, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Mon 28 Sep 2020, 10:45 pm

What a cracking bit of kit Lolly

I've only just woke up,  I had 75 ml of wine with my 'tea' and it knocked ne out..

I'll have to keep off the sauce tomorrow.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Tue 29 Sep 2020, 10:08 am

Yes we need you fighting fit for your Tues quiz Very Happy

I had a South African friend years ago who taught me a lot. She wasn't a pro chef but she would probably give the ones named above a run for their money. She made the most delicious Bobotie. I think I still have her recipe somewhere.
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum