Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Cruise

2 posters

Go down

Car Cruise Empty Car Cruise

Post by Lolly Sat 07 Aug 2021, 3:54 pm

Car cruises are where drivers meet on the public highway to race or show off their vehicles.

Greater Manchester Police
mStSpon3gsored4fm  ·
We are aware of a potential 'car cruise' planned for today around Westwood Way (A49 bypass) in Wigan. An increased police presence will be in the area and action will be taken against anyone found to be driving in a dangerous manner.

Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Car Cruise Empty Re: Car Cruise

Post by Cadfael Sun 08 Aug 2021, 6:42 am

There was one of these around Westwood two weeks ago.  I kid you not but there must have been around 150 cars parked on the roundabouts.  They seemed to be using them as 'the pits', and driving at speed on the A49 Link.  A wagon driver told me they were also parked on one of the carriageways leading from Westwood up to the new roundabout.  The new road is a 'Red Route' and cars must not stop on it at any time.

I did see a Police Van patrolling both the new road and Westwood Park Way throughout last night.

EDIT: The thing that puzzled me, there is a large carpark on Westwood Park, and they did not use it!
Cadfael
Cadfael

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Sun 08 Aug 2021, 9:10 am

They probably re grouped elsewhere after the police let them know they knew about it. Probably Poolstock Lane, as mentioned on Facebook
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum