Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitty Beawt-Yed

3 posters

Go down

Kitty  Beawt-Yed Empty Kitty Beawt-Yed

Post by Lolly Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:58 pm

Nanny green teeth and Red clogs, and Kitty Beawt-Yed all feared by Wiganers. Shocked Did kitty haunt Ince Hall?
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Kitty  Beawt-Yed Empty Re: Kitty Beawt-Yed

Post by Mickrick Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:13 am

Lolly wrote:Nanny green teeth and Red clogs, and Kitty  Beawt-Yed all feared by Wiganers. Shocked Did kitty haunt Ince Hall?

I don't know owt about the phantoms you mention Lolly, but thought the attached tale might interest you . . .  Shocked

About forty five years ago, a derelict red brick building stood on the corner of Tunstall Lane and Ormskirk Road, Pemberton, opposite Whittle’s bakers. All the doors and windows had been bricked up on the building, but a large hole had been made in the bricked up back door – probably by scrap metal thieves.
Although the backyard of the building had once been surrounded by a brick wall, this, over the years, had fallen, and been knocked down, so the rear of the building was clearly visible from the road.
One evening turn all around this time, I was travelling up Ormskirk Road towards Pemberton in a panda car, with Sergeant Charlie O’Leary. It was about three in the morning, and it was raining.
As we passed Carnegie library, and approached the junction with Tunstall Lane, our car headlights illuminated the rear of the above building, and I saw someone entering it, through the hole in the back doorway.
I was just about to tell Charlie about this, when he anchored on, and came to a halt. He had seen it as well.
We both got out of the car, and ran over to the building. We had the back doorway in sight all the time.
We went in through the doorway,and there was no one in the building.
In fact, it would be more accurate to say there was nothing in the building – it had been completely gutted; doors, floorboards, and staircases had all been ripped out. Standing on the ground floor and looking up, we could see the underside of the roof slates.
There was nowhere anyone could hide, and the only way into and out of the building was through the rear doorway we had entered by.
As previously stated, it was raining. The flagged floor of the building was covered in plaster and cement dust, in which we had both left wet footprints. Ours were the only footprints though.
Mystified, we both returned to the car, and compared notes.
I thought the person we had seen go into the building was wearing a black or dark blue overcoat, and light coloured trousers. Charlie’s description varied only from mine in that he thought the coat they were wearing might have been a duffel coat, rather than an ordinary overcoat.
A rum do.
If I’d been alone, I would have put it down to my eyes playing tricks at the end of a twelve hour shift, but Charlie saw the same thing as me.
Spooky!
Mickrick
Mickrick

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:05 am

Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Mickrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommytee Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:42 pm

with er head under her arm

Tommytee
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:14 am

Jenny Greenteeth

A river-hag, similar to Peg Powler or a grindylow, she would pull children or the elderly into the water and drown them.  affraid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Greenteeth
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:25 am

affraid Rolling Eyes

Lolly
Lolly
Platinum