Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spain

5 posters

Go down

Spain Empty Spain

Post by Lolly Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:10 pm

Will you  or anyone you know be avoiding Spain if they bring in new opening times for Bars and Restaurants?

New plans to close Spanish bars and restaurants early have sparked debate among tourists, with some saying they will "never go back" to the popular holiday destination

https://www.gbnews.com/travel/spain-new-rules-backlash-bars
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Spain Empty Re: Spain

Post by Uncle Joe Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:11 pm

wouldnt make any difference to me! I've avoided that country for years! Having said that, it is possible I will be going there in the forseeable future. Some close friends are moving to there.
Uncle Joe
Uncle Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Broady Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:44 pm

I am halfway through a seven week stint in Tenerife and I wish they would cut the hours back.   Spain 1f603  Spain 1f602

I am forcing myself to abstain tonight for the first time since I arrived. At the bewitching hour now.

Broady

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Joe Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:48 pm

One question regarding Spain.

I wonder how many WP members have been to, or even heard of (without Googling) of Valle del Jarte?
Uncle Joe
Uncle Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:15 pm

Spain has neve appealed to me. I'm guessing that Valle del Jarte is rural?
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Joe Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:29 am

Lolly wrote:Spain has neve appealed to me.  I'm guessing that  Valle del Jarte is rural?

Yes, it is rural, but thats not a good word to describe it. They grow cherries in the area, and there are supposedly well over 1,5 million trees there. The sight of those in bloom all at the same time in Spring is really spectacular to say the least.
Uncle Joe
Uncle Joe

Lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:36 pm

Spain R.6b581050442e8ee3fd67cc439180f8f2?rik=TzEFrynJFV1C1A&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.abc.es%2fmedia%2fviajar%2f2017%2f03%2f28%2fvalle-jerte-kqSG--1190x800%40abc

Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:12 am

Fresh cherries even glace cherries at a pinch but you can keep maraschino cherries, nasty horrid things they are. cherry
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Joe Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:44 am

Lolly wrote:Fresh cherries even glace cherries at a pinch but you can keep maraschino cherries, nasty horrid things they are. cherry

There are cherry trees in my garden. Why is it the fruit from them, indeed all the fruit I pick in the garden tastes so much better than shop bought?

Maraschino cherries work well in alcoholic drinks, such as certain cocktails. In my opinion, of course.
Uncle Joe
Uncle Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:05 pm

There is a cherry tree on a public car park near me. It's so tall that I've no chance of picking any cherries from it. I'd have to hire a cherry picker. Get Me Coat

Anything fresh suits me, although I have to admit to having canned peas sweetcorn and tomatoes in my store cupboard, as back up.
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Joe Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:33 am

Even if many would disagree, I personally dont think that it is worth growing edibles such as peas and other items that can be found in the shops at a reasonable price. Its much better to grow things that are expensive or unobtainable in shops and supermarkets. I only have a couple of exceptions to this in my garden.
Uncle Joe
Uncle Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:21 pm

I like dried cherries, I also like most dried fruits, they are a way of getting some of my five-a-day inside me, they’re great on my morning muesli or granola.
I’m not a fan of fresh fruit apart from strawberries and bananas.

I do agree with UJ, it’s not worth growing some stuff because of its availability.
Just to go against that we’ve bought some plant propagators and seedling trays and we are doing tomatoes, pointy peppers and chilli peppers, not for cost, just for a bit of fun.

ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:40 pm

I have one of these which I use to dry fruit veg and to make biltong. I've planted rhubarb
this week so I'm hopefully going to be drying some if I have a glut. I know it freezes very well but I'd probably have a freezer full of nowt else.

Spain 51RVDSoMZOL._AC_SL1000_

Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

ramiejamie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Naughty Mitten Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:03 pm

Uncle Joe wrote:Even if many would disagree, I personally dont think that it is worth growing edibles such as peas and other items that can be found in the shops at a reasonable price. Its much better to grow things that are expensive or unobtainable in shops and supermarkets. I only have a couple of exceptions to this in my garden.

I've never tasted a better bean than these, the downside is they are not heavy croppers

https://www.kingsseeds.com/products/vegetable-seeds/beans/climbing-french-bean-blue-lake-ppp-aphaseolus-vulgaris-bgb40557-clot-pkt-dgb
Naughty Mitten
Naughty Mitten
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum