Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you were starting a new job today what would you like to do

+6
ramiejamie
mache
Maureen
Tommytee
Lolly
Naughty Mitten
10 posters

Go down

If you were starting a new job today what would you like to do Empty If you were starting a new job today what would you like to do

Post by Naughty Mitten Mon 06 Jan 2020, 10:27 am

I would like to be a nude model so I can carry on sitting on my backside all day Very Happy
Naughty Mitten
Naughty Mitten
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

Back to top Go down

If you were starting a new job today what would you like to do Empty Re: If you were starting a new job today what would you like to do

Post by Lolly Mon 06 Jan 2020, 10:29 am

Whatever i choose I would have to be the boss Very Happy
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

If you were starting a new job today what would you like to do Empty Re: If you were starting a new job today what would you like to do

Post by Tommytee Mon 06 Jan 2020, 10:59 am

A private investigator
If you were starting a new job today what would you like to do Man-binoculars-isolated-white-background-107932199

Tommytee
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Post by Maureen Mon 06 Jan 2020, 11:20 am

A Policewoman.
Maureen
Maureen
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by mache Mon 06 Jan 2020, 1:52 pm

A psychiatrist

There would be plenty of work from here alone Very Happy
mache
mache

Back to top Go down

Post by Maureen Mon 06 Jan 2020, 2:18 pm

Mache. 😀😀😀
Maureen
Maureen
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Mon 06 Jan 2020, 4:42 pm

I’ve no regrets jobwise.
I started my career off an apprentice draughtsman at Irlam Steel Works.
I left to work in structural steelwork in Little Hulton, then a 4 year spell at Walmsleys paper making machinery in Wigan and Bury (Walker Bros).
Then an 11 year spell at Ingersoll Rand in Hindley Green, designing portable compressors.
I had a short 12 month run at the Atomic Energy Authority at Risley, then a good 20 year spell at a company in Stretford which changed hands several times and we made tractor diggers, what you might call a ‘JCB’.
My last job was in Elland in Yorkshire for 8 years, we made steam and water valves for power stations.
During the early 1980’s the nature of engineering changed dramatically.
There was an instant change from old fashioned drawing boards to Computer Aided Design (CAD).
Initially the work was in 2D, but very quickly turned to 3D and ultimately to 3D parametric solids.
Since retiring I managed to get hold of some ‘Autocad’ software courtesy of Wizzerwin who comes on Wigan Rejects and taught myself to use it, but when I upgraded to Windows 10 it was unsupported.
I do miss the cut and thrust of a busy office sometimes, but don’t miss the early starts and traffic jams.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 09 Jan 2020, 4:22 pm

A retiree...
Admin
Admin
Admin
gold

https://wigan-peers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by foggy1 Fri 10 Jan 2020, 1:15 pm

I would love to go back as a (millwright) or as a Machine tool fitter the name they give it now,
foggy1
foggy1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Tue 12 May 2020, 7:35 pm

After much thought I think I might like being an interior designer.

If you were starting a new job today what would you like to do 40d249f80df419bbfe6c9983230431c2
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Tue 12 May 2020, 8:08 pm

Very nice Lolly.

You can come and decorate my dining room, it's bl**dy disgrace!!!!!! LOL  Embarassed Very Happy
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 12 May 2020, 8:12 pm

and she will provide a free pair of sunglasses....Ha..ha... Whistling Whistling Whistling
Admin
Admin
Admin
gold

https://wigan-peers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Tue 12 May 2020, 8:13 pm

Admin wrote:and she will provide a free pair of sunglasses....Ha..ha... Whistling Whistling Whistling
Nice one admin, LOL!!!! Very Happy

Bright enough to peel your eyeballs that one.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Wed 13 May 2020, 10:46 am

Waste not want not. Get all those part rolls of wallpaper used up. It could catch on Wink
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Naughty Mitten Wed 13 May 2020, 10:48 am

Don't use washable wallpaper as a liner though
Naughty Mitten
Naughty Mitten
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Donkey Oaty Wed 13 May 2020, 3:51 pm

I know somebody who made a carpet out of a few dozen samples.

(No it wasn't me!)

Donkey Oaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Weatherwax Wed 13 May 2020, 6:31 pm

Yes, so do I...…..My ex in laws  Shocked
Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum