Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT. Covid scam.

2 posters

Go down

IMPORTANT. Covid scam. Empty IMPORTANT. Covid scam.

Post by Admin Sun 07 Jun 2020, 8:41 am

Please be aware of scams like this.

Just to let you know this is a telephone call my friend received today. Be aware folks. X

‘Good morning, I'm calling from the NHS track and trace service. According to our system, you are likely to have been in close proximity to someone who has tested postive for COVID-19. This means that you now need to self-isolate for 7 days and take a COVID-19 test.'
'OK. Can you tell me who that person was?'
'I'm not able to tell you that. That is confidential information.'
'Right. Um... so ....'
'But you do need to be tested within the next 72 hours. So can I just get the best mailing address so that we can send a kit to you?'
'Ok (gives address)'
'Thank you - and I just need to take a payment card so that we can finalise this and send the kit to you.'
'Sorry - a payment card? I though this was all free?'
'No - I'm afraid not. There is a one-off fee of £500 for the kit, and test results. Could you read off the long card number for me, please, when you're ready.'
'No - that's not right. This is part of the NHS so there's no charge.'
'I'm afraid there is. Can you give me the card number please - this is very important, and there are penalties for not complying.'
Puts phone down.
This is how scammers work. And vulnerable people will fall for it.
Don't fall for it...!
Admin
Admin
Admin
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

https://wigan-peers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT. Covid scam. Empty Re: IMPORTANT. Covid scam.

Post by Lolly Sun 07 Jun 2020, 10:11 am

Thanks for letting us all know, Thumbs Up
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Tue 11 Aug 2020, 7:23 pm

People are impersonating council officials and charging people £10 as fines for not wearing face masks.

Residents reported people pretending to be from Knowsley and Sefton Council issuing fines for not wearing face masks in the borough's town centres to Merseyside Council.

A group of five scammers wearing hi-vis vests with the council logos on them, with ID badges and body CCTV have been reported.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8616617/Scammers-posing-council-staff-issue-fake-10-face-mask-fines.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK&__twitter_impression=true

I bet it put the wind up folks though
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum