Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrong medicine

3 posters

Go down

Wrong medicine Empty Wrong medicine

Post by Lolly Sat 31 Aug 2019, 11:37 am

The chemist that I have been using sent out the wrong medicine, The label said the right medicine but in the pac was the wrong medicine. Had I not been observant I could have given this medicine to my husband, Lord only knows what might have happened. I rang the chemist to say this wasn't acceptable. I actually spoke to the pharmacist, who said he would investigate and have a word with the "pharmacist".  He is the pharmacist, so in other words he would have a word with himself.  Rolling Eyes Medicine was re delivered but the driver told me when they were giving him the packet it had the wrong address on, the girl changed it quick smart.  Who else could this pharmacist have potentially have killed. Long story short I emailed the head office last evening 9.30 asking to be informed of the outcome. 12 hour later they  got back to me.  They would investigate and let me know the outcome.Moral of the story check your meds
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Wrong medicine Empty Re: Wrong medicine

Post by Naughty Mitten Sat 31 Aug 2019, 11:46 am

I have heard about several similar happenings this year No
Naughty Mitten
Naughty Mitten
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Sat 31 Aug 2019, 1:51 pm

I've been told today that he has tendered his resignation.Whether before or after the incident I dont know. I have to wonder did he jump before being pushed?
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri 13 Sep 2019, 12:08 pm

Had a letter from the pharmacy head office today.  The incident has been reported to NRLS. So it's good to know the complaint has been taken seriously

What is the NRLS?
The National Reporting and Learning System (NRLS) is a central database of patient safety incident reports. ... All information submitted is analysed to identify hazards, risks and opportunities to continuously improve the safety of patient care.
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommytee Fri 13 Sep 2019, 7:43 pm

I hope lessons have been learned lolly

Tommytee
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down