Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 21-8-20

+3
-OY-
gassey
ramiejamie
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 21-8-20  Empty Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 21-8-20

Post by ramiejamie Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:00 pm

A very good evening to you lovely Peers.
Well it’s Friday night once more.
Come on down here to the Wigan Peers Bar.
Get comfy in your favourite spot
Let’s have a beltin’ quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!

1)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’?

2)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden?

3)  TV, Peter Sallis played what character in the long running comedy ‘Last of the Summer Wine’?

4)  Film, what started with “Sergeant” in 1958 and ended with “Columbus” in 1992?

5)  Which pottery form takes its name from the Italian for “baked earth”?

6)  Food and drink, which Leicestershire town is famous for its pork pies?    

7)  Science, what kind of monkey gives its name to a type of blood group?     

8 )  Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which British car manufacturer produced the A40 ‘Cambridge’ model?

9)  Sport, who managed England’s 1966 World Cup winning football team?  

10)  History, who monarch ruled England from 1837 to 1901?

11)  From which 1949 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical does the song “Some Enchanted Evening” come?

12)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California?

13)  Literature, what is the name of the wizard in JRR Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” and ‘Lord of the Rings’ novels?

14)  What word represents the letter `S` in the NATO phonetic alphabet?      

15)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1972 film ‘The Godfather’?

16)  Running from 1956 to 1972, who was the comedy actor who played the headmaster in the BBC TV comedy ‘Whack-O’.
An clew, “Bend over Wendover”.

17)  Who had a 1965 number one hit with ‘I’m Alive’?

18)  Science, what ‘E’ word is the outer layer of the skin?

19)  Classical music, taken from his 4 act opera ‘Der Ring des Nibelungen;, who composed the piece ‘The Ride of the Valkyries’

20)  History, who are the only four successive kings of England to have had the same name?

21)  Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French menu, what type of meat would be on offer?

22)  Geography, in which British national Park would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle?

23)  Literature,  who wrote the classic Wor War Two novel ‘Where Eagles Dare’?

24)  Which French fashion designer is credited with creating the "Little black dress"?

25)  ♪♫ When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do
              Is take a look at you, then I'm not so blue
             When you're close to me, I can feel your heart beat
              I can hear you breathing near my ear
              Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me……………………♪♫

What song are those the opening lines to? 

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  What is the next highest prime number after 23?

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2020 in Roman numerals?

BQ3)  How many feet are there in a fathom?

BQ4)  What two numbers are each side of 20 on a standard dartboard?

BQ5)  What is 3 divided by 100 as a decimal?

STINKER)  Which civilisation introduced rabbits to the British Isles?

TRICKY)  Who or what is the 'Taoiseach'?
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

gassey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 21-8-20  Empty Re: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 21-8-20

Post by gassey Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:13 pm

ramiejamie wrote:A very good evening to you lovely Peers.
NSG!!!!!!!!!

1)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’? SANDIE SHAW

2)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden? HELSINKI

3)  TV, Peter Sallis played what character in the long running comedy ‘Last of the Summer Wine’?

4)  Film, what started with “Sergeant” in 1958 and ended with “Columbus” in 1992? CARRY ON FILMS

5)  Which pottery form takes its name from the Italian for “baked earth”? TERRACOTTA

6)  Food and drink, which Leicestershire town is famous for its pork pies? MELTON MOWBRAY   

7)  Science, what kind of monkey gives its name to a type of blood group?   RHESUS   

8 )  Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which British car manufacturer produced the A40 ‘Cambridge’ model? AUSTIN

9)  Sport, who managed England’s 1966 World Cup winning football team? ALF RAMSAY 

11)  From which 1949 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical does the song “Some Enchanted Evening” come? SOUTH PACIFIC

12)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California? ARNOLD SHWARZENEGGER

13)  Literature, what is the name of the wizard in JRR Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” and ‘Lord of the Rings’ novels?

14)  What word represents the letter `S` in the NATO phonetic alphabet? SIERRA     

15)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1972 film ‘The Godfather’? MARLON BRANDO

16)  Running from 1956 to 1972, who was the comedy actor who played the headmaster in the BBC TV comedy ‘Whack-O’. JIMMY EDWARDS

17)  Who had a 1965 number one hit with ‘I’m Alive’? HOLLIES

18)  Science, what ‘E’ word is the outer layer of the skin? EPIDERMIS

19)  Classical music, taken from his 4 act opera ‘Der Ring des Nibelungen;, who composed the piece ‘The Ride of the Valkyries’ BACH

20)  History, who are the only four successive kings of England to have had the same name? WILLIAM

21)  Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French menu, what type of meat would be on offer? VENISON

22)  Geography, in which British national Park would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle? LAKE DISTRICT

24)  Which French fashion designer is credited with creating the "Little black dress"? COCO CHANEL

Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me……………………♪♫ A GROOVY KIND OF LOVE .... MINDBENDERS

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  What is the next highest prime number after 23? 29

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2020 in Roman numerals? MMXX

BQ3)  How many feet are there in a fathom? SIX

BQ4)  What two numbers are each side of 20 on a standard dartboard? 1 AND 5

BQ5)  What is 3 divided by 100 as a decimal? .003

STINKER)  Which civilisation introduced rabbits to the British Isles? ROMANS

IRISH HEAD OF GOVERNMENT
gassey
gassey
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 21-8-20  Empty Re: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 21-8-20

Post by -OY- Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:14 pm

1) Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’? - Sany Shaw

2) Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden? - Stockholm

3) TV, Peter Sallis played what character in the long running comedy ‘Last of the Summer Wine’? - Cleg

4) Film, what started with “Sergeant” in 1958 and ended with “Columbus” in 1992?

5) Which pottery form takes its name from the Italian for “baked earth”? - Terracotta

6) Food and drink, which Leicestershire town is famous for its pork pies? - Melton Mobray

7) Science, what kind of monkey gives its name to a type of blood group? - Resus

8 ) Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which British car manufacturer produced the A40 ‘Cambridge’ model? Austin

9) Sport, who managed England’s 1966 World Cup winning football team?

10) History, who monarch ruled England from 1837 to 1901? William IV

11) From which 1949 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical does the song “Some Enchanted Evening” come? South Pacific

12) Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California? Arnold Swarzenegger

13) Literature, what is the name of the wizard in JRR Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” and ‘Lord of the Rings’ novels? I'll Say Gandalf (But there are 4 more)

14) What word represents the letter `S` in the NATO phonetic alphabet? Sierra

15) Film, who played the title roll in the 1972 film ‘The Godfather’? Marlon Brando

16) Running from 1956 to 1972, who was the comedy actor who played the headmaster in the BBC TV comedy ‘Whack-O’.

17) Who had a 1965 number one hit with ‘I’m Alive’?

18) Science, what ‘E’ word is the outer layer of the skin? Epidermis

19) Classical music, taken from his 4 act opera ‘Der Ring des Nibelungen;, who composed the piece ‘The Ride of the Valkyries’ Wagner

20) History, who are the only four successive kings of England to have had the same name?

21) Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French menu, what type of meat would be on offer? Duck

22) Geography, in which British national Park would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle? Lake District

23) Literature, who wrote the classic Wor War Two novel ‘Where Eagles Dare’?

24) Which French fashion designer is credited with creating the "Little black dress"? Coco Chanel

25) ♪♫ When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) What is the next highest prime number after 23?

BQ2) How do you write this year of 2020 in Roman numerals? MMXX

BQ3) How many feet are there in a fathom? 6

BQ4) What two numbers are each side of 20 on a standard dartboard? 1 and 5

BQ5) What is 3 divided by 100 as a decimal? 0.003

STINKER) Which civilisation introduced rabbits to the British Isles? Roman

TRICKY) Who or what is the 'Taoiseach'? Prime minister of Ireland
-OY-
-OY-
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:19 pm

gassey wrote:
NSG!!!!!!!!!

1)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’?  SANDIE SHAW   Tick

2)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden?  HELSINKI

4)  Film, what started with “Sergeant” in 1958 and ended with “Columbus” in 1992?  CARRY ON FILMS Tick

5)  Which pottery form takes its name from the Italian for “baked earth”?  TERRACOTTA Tick

6)  Food and drink, which Leicestershire town is famous for its pork pies?   MELTON MOWBRAY   
Tick

7)  Science, what kind of monkey gives its name to a type of blood group?    RHESUS    Tick

8 )  Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which British car manufacturer produced the A40 ‘Cambridge’ model?  AUSTIN Tick

9)  Sport, who managed England’s 1966 World Cup winning football team?   ALF RAMSAY  Tick

11)  From which 1949 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical does the song “Some Enchanted Evening” come?  SOUTH PACIFIC Tick

12)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California?  ARNOLD SHWARZENEGGER Tick

14)  What word represents the letter `S` in the NATO phonetic alphabet?  SIERRA     Tick

15)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1972 film ‘The Godfather’?  MARLON BRANDO  Tick

16)  Running from 1956 to 1972, who was the comedy actor who played the headmaster in the BBC TV comedy ‘Whack-O’.  JIMMY EDWARDS   Tick

17)  Who had a 1965 number one hit with ‘I’m Alive’?  HOLLIES  Tick

18)  Science, what ‘E’ word is the outer layer of the skin?  EPIDERMIS Tick

19)  Classical music, taken from his 4 act opera ‘Der Ring des Nibelungen;, who composed the piece ‘The Ride of the Valkyries’  BACH

20)  History, who are the only four successive kings of England to have had the same name? WILLIAM

21)  Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French menu, what type of meat would be on offer?  VENISON

22)  Geography, in which British national Park would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle?  LAKE DISTRICT  Tick

24)  Which French fashion designer is credited with creating the "Little black dress"?  COCO CHANEL  Tick

Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me……………………♪♫ A GROOVY KIND OF LOVE .... MINDBENDERS  Tick

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  What is the next highest prime number after 23?          29 Tick

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2020 in Roman numerals?      MMXX  Tick

BQ3)  How many feet are there in a fathom?  SIX  Tick

BQ4)  What two numbers are each side of 20 on a standard dartboard?   1 AND 5   Tick

BQ5)  What is 3 divided by 100 as a decimal?  .003  Tick

STINKER)  Which civilisation introduced rabbits to the British Isles?  ROMANS

IRISH HEAD OF GOVERNMENT   Tick

Good evening Fassey.
What a cracking bit of quizzing from you,

Last edited by ramiejamie on Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:21 pm

NSG!!!!!!!!!

1)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’? Sandi Shaw

2)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden?...Stockholm

4)  Film, what started with “Sergeant” in 1958 and ended with “Columbus” in 1992?

5)  Which pottery form takes its name from the Italian for “baked earth”?..Terracotta

6)  Food and drink, which Leicestershire town is famous for its pork pies?   ..Melton Mowbray 

7)  Science, what kind of monkey gives its name to a type of blood group?   ..Rhesus  

8 )  Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which British car manufacturer produced the A40 ‘Cambridge’ model?...Austin

10)  History, who monarch ruled England from 1837 to 1901?...Queen Victoria

11)  From which 1949 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical does the song “Some Enchanted Evening” come?..South Pacific

12)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California?..Arnold Swazsneger..Spellage

15)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1972 film ‘The Godfather’?...Marlon Brando

16)  Running from 1956 to 1972, who was the comedy actor who played the headmaster in the BBC TV comedy ‘Whack-O’.

18)  Science, what ‘E’ word is the outer layer of the skin?..epidermis

19)  Classical music, taken from his 4 act opera ‘Der Ring des Nibelungen;, who composed the piece ‘The Ride of the Valkyries’..Wagner

20)  History, who are the only four successive kings of England to have had the same name?

21)  Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French menu, what type of meat would be on offer?...Duck

22)  Geography, in which British national Park would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle?...Lake District

24)  Which French fashion designer is credited with creating the "Little black dress"?

What song are those the opening lines to?  ...Groovy kind of love

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  What is the next highest prime number after 23?...29

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2020 in Roman numerals?..MMCXX

BQ4)  What two numbers are each side of 20 on a standard dartboard? Five and one.

STINKER)  Which civilisation introduced rabbits to the British Isles?..Vikings a guess

Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:24 pm

-OY- wrote:
1)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’? - Sany Shaw Tick

2)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden? - Stockholm Tick

3)  TV, Peter Sallis played what character in the long running comedy ‘Last of the Summer Wine’? - Cleg  Tick

4)  Film, what started with “Sergeant” in 1958 and ended with “Columbus” in 1992?

5)  Which pottery form takes its name from the Italian for “baked earth”? - Terracotta  Tick

6)  Food and drink, which Leicestershire town is famous for its pork pies? - Melton Mobray  Tick

7)  Science, what kind of monkey gives its name to a type of blood group?     - Resus  Tick

8 )  Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which British car manufacturer produced the A40 ‘Cambridge’ model? Austin  Tick

9)  Sport, who managed England’s 1966 World Cup winning football team?  

10)  History, who monarch ruled England from 1837 to 1901? William IV

11)  From which 1949 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical does the song “Some Enchanted Evening” come? South Pacific  Tick

12)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California? Arnold Swarzenegger  Tick

13)  Literature, what is the name of the wizard in JRR Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” and ‘Lord of the Rings’ novels? I'll Say Gandalf (But there are 4 more)    Tick

14)  What word represents the letter `S` in the NATO phonetic alphabet?      Sierra  Tick

15)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1972 film ‘The Godfather’? Marlon Brando  Tick

16)  Running from 1956 to 1972, who was the comedy actor who played the headmaster in the BBC TV comedy ‘Whack-O’.

17)  Who had a 1965 number one hit with ‘I’m Alive’?

18)  Science, what ‘E’ word is the outer layer of the skin? Epidermis  Tick

19)  Classical music, taken from his 4 act opera ‘Der Ring des Nibelungen;, who composed the piece ‘The Ride of the Valkyries’ Wagner
Tick
20)  History, who are the only four successive kings of England to have had the same name?

21)  Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French menu, what type of meat would be on offer? Duck  Tick

22)  Geography, in which British national Park would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle? Lake District   Tick

23)  Literature,  who wrote the classic Wor War Two novel ‘Where Eagles Dare’?

24)  Which French fashion designer is credited with creating the "Little black dress"? Coco Chanel    Tick

25)  ♪♫ When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  What is the next highest prime number after 23?

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2020 in Roman numerals? MMXX  Tick

BQ3)  How many feet are there in a fathom? 6  Tick

BQ4)  What two numbers are each side of 20 on a standard dartboard? 1 and 5   Tick

BQ5)  What is 3 divided by 100 as a decimal? 0.003  Tick

STINKER)  Which civilisation introduced rabbits to the British Isles? Roman Tick

TRICKY)  Who or what is the 'Taoiseach'? Prime minister of Ireland  Tick

Good evening OY.
A really excellent bit of quizzing.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by gassey Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:24 pm

SUPER DUPER QUIZ RAY, MUCH APPRECIATED Thumbs Up
gassey
gassey
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:29 pm

Lolly wrote:
NSG!!!!!!!!!

1)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’?  Sandi Shaw Tick

2)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden?...Stockholm  Tick

5)  Which pottery form takes its name from the Italian for “baked earth”?..Terracotta  Tick

6)  Food and drink, which Leicestershire town is famous for its pork pies?   ..Melton Mowbray  Tick

7)  Science, what kind of monkey gives its name to a type of blood group?   ..Rhesus   Tick

8 )  Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which British car manufacturer produced the A40 ‘Cambridge’ model?...Austin    Tick

10)  History, who monarch ruled England from 1837 to 1901?...Queen Victoria  Tick

11)  From which 1949 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical does the song “Some Enchanted Evening” come?..South Pacific  Tick

12)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California?..Arnold Swazsneger..Spellage   Tick

15)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1972 film ‘The Godfather’?...Marlon Brando    Tick

18)  Science, what ‘E’ word is the outer layer of the skin?..epidermis  Tick

19)  Classical music, taken from his 4 act opera ‘Der Ring des Nibelungen;, who composed the piece ‘The Ride of the Valkyries’..Wagner  Tick

21)  Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French menu, what type of meat would be on offer?...Duck  Tick

22)  Geography, in which British national Park would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle?...Lake District  Tick

What song are those the opening lines to?  ...Groovy kind of love  Tick

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  What is the next highest prime number after 23?...29   Tick

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2020 in Roman numerals?..MMCXX   Tick

BQ4)  What two numbers are each side of 20 on a standard dartboard?  Five and one.   Tick

STINKER)  Which civilisation introduced rabbits to the British Isles?..Vikings a guess

Evening Lolly.
A good solid bit of quizzing from you.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Weatherwax Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:30 pm

1. Sandi Shaw
2. Stockholme
3. Norman Clegg
4. The Carry On Films
5. Terracotta
6. Melton Mowbray
7. Rhesus
8. Austin
9. Alf Ramsey
10. Queen Victoria
11. South Pacific
12. Arnold Swartzenager
13. Gandalph the Grey
14. Sierra
15. Marlon Brando
16. Jimmy Edwards
17. The Hollies
18. The Epidermis
19. Wagner
20. George 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th
21. Duck
22. The Lake District
23. Alistair Maclean
24. Chanel
25. Got A Groovy Kind Of Love

Bonus Questions.
1. 29
2. MMXX
3. 6080
4. 1 and 5
5. 0.03

Stinker:= For Years it was thought to be the Normans but just recently they have proved it to be The Romans
Tricky:= The Prime Minister of Ireland
Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:31 pm

gassey wrote:
  SUPER DUPER QUIZ RAY, MUCH APPRECIATED Thumbs Up
Thank you very much Gassey, very well played,
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:37 pm

Weatherwax wrote:1. Sandi Shaw Tick
2. Stockholme Tick
3. Norman Clegg  Tick
4. The Carry On Films  Tick
5. Terracotta Tick
6. Melton Mowbray Tick
7. Rhesus  Tick
8. Austin  Tick
9. Alf Ramsey Tick
10. Queen Victoria  Tick
11. South Pacific  Tick
12. Arnold Swartzenager  Tick
13. Gandalph the Grey  Tick
14. Sierra  Tick
15. Marlon Brando  Tick
16. Jimmy Edwards Tick
17. The Hollies  Tick
18. The Epidermis  Tick
19. Wagner  Tick
20. George 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th  Tick
21. Duck  Tick
22. The Lake District  Tick
23. Alistair Maclean  Tick
24. Chanel  Tick
25. Got A Groovy Kind Of Love  Tick

Bonus Questions.
1. 29  Tick
2. MMXX  Tick

3. 6080
4. 1 and 5 Tick
5. 0.03  Tick

Stinker:= For Years it was thought to be the Normans but just recently they have proved it to be The Romans  Tick
Tricky:= The Prime Minister of Ireland  Tick

Good evening Weatherwax
Brilliant quizzing as always.
Almost a 'full house;, your answer to BQ3 is way off beam LOL!!!!!!

Last edited by ramiejamie on Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleabag Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:38 pm

Good evening Ray

1) Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’? SANDIE SHAW

2) Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden? STOCKHOLM

3) TV, Peter Sallis played what character in the long running comedy ‘Last of the Summer Wine’? CLEGG

4) Film, what started with “Sergeant” in 1958 and ended with “Columbus” in 1992? CARRY ON FILMS

5) Which pottery form takes its name from the Italian for “baked earth”?TERRA COTTA

6) Food and drink, which Leicestershire town is famous for its pork pies? MELTON MOWBRAY

7) Science, what kind of monkey gives its name to a type of blood group? RHESUS

8 ) Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which British car manufacturer produced the A40 ‘Cambridge’ model? AUSTIN

9) Sport, who managed England’s 1966 World Cup winning football team? SIR ALF RAMSEY

10) History, who monarch ruled England from 1837 to 1901? QUEEN VICTORIA

11) From which 1949 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical does the song “Some Enchanted Evening” come? SOUTH PACIFIC

12) Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California? ARNOLD SCHWARTZENEGER

13) Literature, what is the name of the wizard in JRR Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” and ‘Lord of the Rings’ novels?

14) What word represents the letter `S` in the NATO phonetic alphabet? SUGAR

15) Film, who played the title roll in the 1972 film ‘The Godfather’? MARLON BRANDO

16) Running from 1956 to 1972, who was the comedy actor who played the headmaster in the BBC TV comedy ‘Whack-O’.
An clew, “Bend over Wendover”. JIMMY EDWARDS

17) Who had a 1965 number one hit with ‘I’m Alive’? HOLLIES

18) Science, what ‘E’ word is the outer layer of the skin?EPIDERMIS

19) Classical music, taken from his 4 act opera ‘Der Ring des Nibelungen;, who composed the piece ‘The Ride of the Valkyries’WAGNER

20) History, who are the only four successive kings of England to have had the same name?GEORGE

21) Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French menu, what type of meat would be on offer?DUCK

22) Geography, in which British national Park would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle? LAKE DISTRICT

23) Literature, who wrote the classic Wor War Two novel ‘Where Eagles Dare’?ALASTAIRMCLEAN

24) Which French fashion designer is credited with creating the "Little black dress"? YVES ST LAURENT

25) ♪♫ When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do

What song are those the opening lines to? GROOVY KIND OF LOVE

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) What is the next highest prime number after 23? 29

BQ2) How do you write this year of 2020 in Roman numerals?MMXX

BQ3) How many feet are there in a fathom?SIX

BQ4) What two numbers are each side of 20 on a standard dartboard?1 AND 5

BQ5) What is 3 divided by 100 as a decimal? 0.003

STINKER) Which civilisation introduced rabbits to the British Isles? ANGLO SAXONS

TRICKY) Who or what is the 'Taoiseach'? IRISH PRIME M9NISTER

Fleabag

Back to top Go down

Post by Hieronymous Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:43 pm

1. Sandie Shaw

2. Stockholm

3. Clegg

4. Carry On films

5. Terra Cotta

6. Melton Mowbray

7. Rhesus, which upset Tony Hancock!

8. Austin Cambridge/Morris Oxford

9. Sir Alf Ramsey

10. MONARCHS!! George 6th?

11. South Pacific

12. Arnold Schwarzenegger

13. Gandalf

14. Sierra

15. The title ROLE was playedby Marlon Brando

16. Jimmy Edwards

17. ?

18. Epidermis

19. Holzst

20. Henry

21. Duck

22. Peak District

23. Frederick Forsyth

24 ?

25. Groovy Kind of Love

BQ1. 27

BQ2. XXXX

BQ3. 6

BQ4. 1 & summat else

BQ5. 0.03

STINKER: Aztecs

TRICKY: Irish Prime Minister
Hieronymous
Hieronymous
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:46 pm

Fleabag wrote:Good evening Ray

1)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’? SANDIE SHAW  Tick

2)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden? STOCKHOLM  Tick

3)  TV, Peter Sallis played what character in the long running comedy ‘Last of the Summer Wine’? CLEGG  Tick

4)  Film, what started with “Sergeant” in 1958 and ended with “Columbus” in 1992? CARRY ON FILMS Tick

5)  Which pottery form takes its name from the Italian for “baked earth”?TERRA COTTA  Tick

6)  Food and drink, which Leicestershire town is famous for its pork pies? MELTON MOWBRAY   Tick

7)  Science, what kind of monkey gives its name to a type of blood group? RHESUS    Tick

8 )  Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which British car manufacturer produced the A40 ‘Cambridge’ model? AUSTIN  Tick

9)  Sport, who managed England’s 1966 World Cup winning football team? SIR ALF RAMSEY  Tick

10)  History, who monarch ruled England from 1837 to 1901? QUEEN VICTORIA Tick

11)  From which 1949 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical does the song “Some Enchanted Evening” come? SOUTH PACIFIC   Tick

12)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California? ARNOLD SCHWARTZENEGER    Tick

13)  Literature, what is the name of the wizard in JRR Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” and ‘Lord of the Rings’ novels?

14)  What word represents the letter `S` in the NATO phonetic alphabet?  SUGAR    

15)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1972 film ‘The Godfather’? MARLON BRANDO Tick

16)  Running from 1956 to 1972, who was the comedy actor who played the headmaster in the BBC TV comedy ‘Whack-O’.
An clew, “Bend over Wendover”. JIMMY EDWARDS  Tick

17)  Who had a 1965 number one hit with ‘I’m Alive’? HOLLIES  Tick

18)  Science, what ‘E’ word is the outer layer of the skin?EPIDERMIS  Tick

19)  Classical music, taken from his 4 act opera ‘Der Ring des Nibelungen;, who composed the piece ‘The Ride of the Valkyries’WAGNER   Tick

20)  History, who are the only four successive kings of England to have had the same name?GEORGE  Tick

21)  Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French menu, what type of meat would be on offer?DUCK   Tick

22)  Geography, in which British national Park would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle? LAKE DISTRICT Tick

23)  Literature,  who wrote the classic Wor War Two novel ‘Where Eagles Dare’?ALASTAIRMCLEAN   Tick

24)  Which French fashion designer is credited with creating the "Little black dress"? YVES ST LAURENT

25)  ♪♫ When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do

What song are those the opening lines to?  GROOVY KIND OF LOVE  Tick

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  What is the next highest prime number after 23? 29  Tick

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2020 in Roman numerals?MMXX  Tick

BQ3)  How many feet are there in a fathom?SIX  Tick

BQ4)  What two numbers are each side of 20 on a standard dartboard?1 AND 5  Tick

BQ5)  What is 3 divided by 100 as a decimal?  0.003

STINKER)  Which civilisation introduced rabbits to the British Isles? ANGLO SAXONS
TRIY)  Who or what is the 'Taoiseach'? IRISH PRIME M9NISTER  Tick

Evening Fleabag.
A really excellent bit of quizzing from you.

ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Weatherwax Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:48 pm

Thanks RMJ. I cant always be right can I?   lol!

By the way, I have just finished reading Chooky Rooch, and I have only one question............When does she publish the second part???? I want to know what happens after Fred.  Laughing Laughing Laughing
Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleabag Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:52 pm

'Evening Fleabag.
A really excellent bit of quizzing from you.'

Thanks for the quiz Ray and my history guesses are much better!

Fleabag

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:53 pm

Hieronymous wrote:1. Sandie Shaw  Tick

2. Stockholm 
Tick

3. Clegg 
Tick

4. Carry On films 
Tick

5. Terra Cotta 
Tick

6. Melton Mowbray

Tick  lol

Tick

9. Sir Alf Ramsey 
Tick

read the question , four CONSECUTIVE monarchs.

11. South Pacific  
Tick

Tick

13. Gandalf  
Tick

14. Sierra  
Tick

Tick

16. Jimmy Edwards   
Tick

17. ?

18. Epidermis  
Tick

19. Holzst

20. Henry  

21. Duck  
Tick

22. Peak District

23. Frederick Forsyth

24  ?

25. Groovy Kind of Love  
Tick

BQ1. 27     9 x 3 = 27

BQ2. XXXX

BQ3. 6   
Tick

BQ4. 1 & summat else   
Tick

BQ5. 0.03   
Tick

Tick

Evening Hiero.
A cracking bit of quizzing from you.

Last edited by ramiejamie on Fri 21 Aug 2020, 9:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 21 Aug 2020, 9:00 pm

Weatherwax wrote:Thanks RMJ. I cant always be right can I?   lol!

By the way, I hat got round to readinfg it yet, Mrs ve just finished reading Chooky Rooch, and I have only one question............When does she publish the second part???? I want to know what happens after Fred.  Laughing Laughing Laughing
Very well done indeed WW.
Believe it or not, I haven't got round to reading it yet, Mrs RMJ has our copy and is plodding her way through it.
Yes, it has  the title VOLUME ONE, seeing that it took her 2 years to write it, VOLUME TWO is a long way off.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Weatherwax Fri 21 Aug 2020, 9:17 pm

I am a fast reader, I know, But tell your daughter to hurry up, as I want to finish the story before I drop off the perch.    

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 21-8-20  Animated-bird-image-0428
Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 21 Aug 2020, 9:24 pm

Weatherwax wrote:I am a fast reader, I know, But tell your daughter to hurry up, as I want to finish the story before I drop off the perch.    

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 21-8-20  Animated-bird-image-0428
LOL!!! Laughing
I've not e=mailed or phoned her for a while, I'll make contact and get back to you.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 21 Aug 2020, 9:38 pm

Fleabag wrote:'Evening Fleabag.
A really excellent bit of quizzing from you.'

Thanks for the quiz Ray and  my history guesses are much better!
Fleabag thank you, you played a blinder.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Hieronymous Sat 22 Aug 2020, 7:06 am

ramiejamie wrote:
Hieronymous wrote:1. Sandie Shaw  Tick

2. Stockholm 
Tick

3. Clegg 
Tick

4. Carry On films 
Tick

5. Terra Cotta 
Tick

6. Melton Mowbray

Tick  lol

Tick

9. Sir Alf Ramsey 
Tick

read the question , four CONSECUTIVE monarchs.

11. South Pacific  
Tick

Tick

13. Gandalf  
Tick

14. Sierra  
Tick

Tick

16. Jimmy Edwards   
Tick

17. ?

18. Epidermis  
Tick

19. Holzst

20. Henry  

21. Duck  
Tick

22. Peak District

23. Frederick Forsyth

24  ?

25. Groovy Kind of Love  
Tick

BQ1. 27     9 x 3 = 27

BQ2. XXXX

BQ3. 6   
Tick

BQ4. 1 & summat else   
Tick

BQ5. 0.03   
Tick

Tick

Evening Hiero.
A cracking bit of quizzing from you.

I think that maybe you should read the question you silly man! Was wrong anyway.
Hieronymous
Hieronymous
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Sat 22 Aug 2020, 12:57 pm

History, who are the only four successive kings of England to have had the same name?

How is this ambiguouos?

I am NOT a silly man!!!!!!!!!

I won't hold a grudge against you LOL  Laughing
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Sat 22 Aug 2020, 1:15 pm

Very well quizzed to everybody last night.

1)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’?
            Sandie Shaw

2)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden?
            Stockholm 

Cleggy     

The Carry On films   

5)  Which pottery form takes its name from the Italian for “baked earth”?
     Terracotta

6)  Food and drink, which Leicestershire town is famous for its pork pies?     
 Melton Mobray   

7)  Science, what kind of monkey gives its name to a type of blood group?         
Rhesus  

8 )  Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which British car manufacturer produced the A40 ‘Cambridge’ model?
   Austin

Alf Ramsey   

Queen Victoria           

11)  From which 1949 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical does the song “Some Enchanted Evening” come?
  South Pacific 

12)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California?
  Arnold Schwarzenegger      

Gandalf the Grey

Sierra     

15)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1972 film ‘The Godfather’?
   Marlon Brando  

‘Professor’ Jimmy Edwards     

The Hollies      

18)  Science, what ‘E’ word is the outer layer of the skin?
      Epidermis  

19)  Classical music, taken from his 4 act opera ‘Der Ring des Nibelungen;, who composed the piece ‘The Ride of the Valkyries’?
        Richard Wagner    

George  

21)  Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French menu, what type of meat would be on offer?
        Duck  

22)  Geography, in which British national Park would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle?
  Lake District          

Alistair MacLean         

Coco Chanel       

A Groovy Kind of Love       

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  What is the next highest prime number after 23?       29  

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2020 in Roman numerals?
         MMXX

BQ4)  What two numbers are each side of 20 on a standard dartboard?
  5 and 1         

STINKER)  Which civilisation introduced rabbits to the British Isles?
      Romans   

The Taoiseach is the prime minister and head of government of Ireland.  
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Hieronymous Sat 22 Aug 2020, 2:18 pm

ramiejamie wrote:History, who are the only four successive kings of England to have had the same name?

How is this ambiguouos?

I am NOT a silly man!!!!!!!!!

I won't hold a grudge against you LOL  Laughing

Quite right for question #20 but not for question #10!! Silly man Wink Ambiguouos?
Hieronymous
Hieronymous
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum