Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 6-9-19

+5
jo anne
Weatherwax
Maureen
Tommytee
ramiejamie
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 6-9-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 6-9-19

Post by ramiejamie Sat 07 Sep 2019, 1:09 pm

Fleabag wrote:Sorry Ray  didn't know you were doing a quiz,hence the late entry.

1) Who had a 1972 hit with ‘Alone Again (Naturally)’? GILBERT O'SULLIVAN Tick

2) Geography, Seoul is the capital of which Asian country? S KOREA Tick

3) TV, which 1990’s comedy series show featured 'Jessie's Diets'?

4) Film, who was the leading actress in ‘Sister Act 1’ and ‘Sister Act 2’?WHOOPI GOLDBERG Tick

5) Cow pies were the favourite food of which comic book character?DESPERATE DAN Tick

6) Food and drink, which fizzy drink is advertised with the slogan “It gives you wiings”?

7) Science, ‘Cardiology’ is the study of what part of the human anatomy?HEART Tick

8 ) What car maker produces the SUV ‘Kuga’ model? FORD Tick

9) Sport, what League One football club are nicknamed ‘Pompey’?PORTSMOUTH Tick

10) History, in which US city was John F Kennedy assassinated in 1963?DALLAS Tick

11) From what musical, originally performed in 1935, does the song ‘Summertime’ come?PORGY AND BESS Tick

12) ‘Ovine’ is the adjective which describes what animal? COW

13) Literature, who created the detective Hercule Poirot? AGATHA CHRISTIE Tick

14) The Colorado Beetle is a major pest of which type of crop? POTATO Tick

15) Film, what was Steven Spielberg’s 1993 black-and-white-film about saving Jews from the holocaust in the Second World War? SCHINDLERS LIST Tick

16) TV, which BBC programme about astronomy, still airing today, was fronted by Patrick Moore until his death? THE SKY AT NIGHT Tick

17) Which band produced the mega selling 1977 album ‘Rumours’? FLEETWOOD MAC Tick

18) Science, what does the medical condition ADHD stand for? ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTION DISORDER Tick

19) Classical music, written to commemorate the successful Russian defence against Napoleon's invading Grande Armée, who wrote ‘The 1812 Overture’? TCHAIKOVSKY Tick

20) History, on which Island was Napoleon Bonaparte born?ELBA

21) Food and drink, ‘Scrag End’ is the name for a cut of which type of meat? LAMB Tick

22) Geography, which South American capital city has a name that means “good airs” in English? BUENOS AIRES Tick

23) Literature, in Beatrix Potter’s children’s book, what types of animal was Mrs Tiggy-Winkle? HEDGEHOG Tick

24) According to proverb, what does the hand that rocks the cradle do?  KILL

25) ♪♫I saw her today
I saw her face
It was a face I loved
And I knew
I had to run away
And get down on my knees and pray
That they'd go away
But still they begin
……………………………… ♪♫

From what 1963 song are those the opening lines, and who sang it? NEEDLES AND PINS,THE SEARCHERS Tick

COUNTIES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Westmorland and Cumberland were renamed to what county in 1974? CUNBRIA Tick

BQ2) In which county is the bracing seaside town of Skegness located? LINCOLNSHIRE Tick

BQ3) In which county of the UK is Bakewell, home of the Bakewell Tart? DERBYSHIRE Tick

BQ4) What is the county town of Norfolk? NORWICH Tick

BQ5) The River Tamar forms the boundary between what two counties? DEVON AND CORNWALL Tick

STINKER) Literature, according to Douglas Adams’ ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’, what number is the answer to the ultimate question of ‘Life, the Universe and everything’?

TRICKY) TV/film, in ‘Star Trek’ what were Captain Kirk's two Christian names?  JIM Tick

ramiejamie

A very Good Morning Fleabag.

A really fantastic bit of quizzing from you.

No need to apologise, it's good to see folk posting on Wigan Peers.

We need to get WP like it was over on the Rejects.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 6-9-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 6-9-19

Post by Fleabag Sat 07 Sep 2019, 1:12 pm

It will take time,good luck👍

Fleabag

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Sat 07 Sep 2019, 1:16 pm

Fleabag wrote:It will take time,good luck👍

Thank you Fleabag.

We are a few 'Rejects' short who haven't made the journey over here, but we have

some 'new' WP members who are joining in.

By the way, I know who you are/were over on the Rejects, winks cheekily Here's to you
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Sat 07 Sep 2019, 1:21 pm

Very well played to all last night's / this mornings Quizzers.

1) Who had a 1972 hit with ‘Alone Again (Naturally)’?
Gilbert O’Sullivan

2) Geography, Seoul is the capital of which Asian country?
South Korea

3) TV, which 1990’s comedy series show featured 'Jessie's Diets'?
The Fast Show

4) Film, who was the leading actress in ‘Sister Act 1’ and ‘Sister Act 2’?
Whoopi Goldberg

5) Cow pies were the favourite food of which comic book character?
Desperate Dan

6) Food and drink, which fizzy drink is advertised with the slogan “It gives you wiings”?
Red Bull

7) Science, ‘Cardiology’ is the study of what part of the human anatomy?
Heart

8 ) What car maker produces the SUV ‘Kuga’ model?
Ford

9) Sport, what League One football club are nicknamed ‘Pompey’?
Portsmouth FC

10) History, in which US city was John F Kennedy assassinated in 1963?
Dallas

11) From what musical, originally performed in 1935, does the song ‘Summertime’ come?
Porgy and Bess

12) ‘Ovine’ is the adjective which describes what animal?
Sheep

13) Literature, who created the detective Hercule Poirot?
Agatha Christie

14) The Colorado Beetle is a major pest of which type of crop?
Potato

15) Film, what was Steven Spielberg’s 1993 black-and-white-film about saving Jews from the holocaust in the Second World War?
Schindler’s List

16) TV, which BBC program about astronomy, still airing today, was fronted by Patrick Moore until his death?
The Sky at Night

17) Which band produced the mega selling 1977 album ‘Rumours’?
Fleetwood Mac

18) Science, what does the medical condition ADHD stand for?
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

19) Classical music, written to commemorate the successful Russian defence against Napoleon's invading Grande Armée, who wrote ‘The 1812 Overture’?
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

20) History, on which Island was Napoleon Bonaparte born?
Corsica

21) Food and drink, ‘Scrag End’ is the name for a cut of which type of meat?
Lamb or Mutton

22) Geography, which South American capital city has a name that means “good airs” in English?
Buenos Airies

23) Literature, in Beatrix Potter’s children’s book, what types of animal was Mrs Tiggy-Winkle?
Hedgehog

24) According to proverb, what does the hand that rocks the cradle do?
Rule the World

25) ♪♫I saw her today
I saw her face
It was a face I loved
And I knew
I had to run away
That they'd go away
But still they begin
……………………………… ♪♫

From what 1963 song are those the opening lines, and who sang it?
Needles and Pins / The Searchers

COUNTIES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Westmorland and Cumberland were renamed to what county in 1974?
Cumbria

BQ2) In which county is the bracing seaside town of Skegness located?
Lincolnshire

BQ3) In which county of the UK is Bakewell, home of the Bakewell Tart?
Derbyshire

BQ4) What is the county town of Norfolk?
Norwich

BQ5) The River Tamar forms the boundary between what two counties?
Devon and Cornwall

STINKER) Literature, according to Douglas Adam’s ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’, what number is the answer to the ultimate question of ‘Life, the Universe and everything’?

TRICKY) TV/film, in ‘Star Trek’ what were Captain Kirk's two Christian names?
James Tiberius
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by gassey Mon 09 Sep 2019, 3:54 pm

ramiejamie wrote:A very Good Evening to you lovely Peers
This is our first Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz.
It is EXACTLY the same quiz format as was done over on Wigan Rejects before I was booted off.
Their loss is our gain.
Get yourselves down here to The Peer’s Bar.
Get comfy with your favourite drink.
Let’s have a beltin’ bash.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you doing our quiz for the first time, NSG means ‘No Soddin’ Googling’ !!!!!!!! LOL
It’s too long winded and time consuming to tick everybody’s answers, so I’ll give you all a total score when I mark your posts, please try and do the quiz ‘in one go’ otherwise you’ll confuse an old git like me!!!!!! LOL
You can do the quiz by using the ‘Quote’ button to type in your answers, or simply type in your answers on a ‘post reply’.

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1972 hit with ‘Alone Again (Naturally)’? GILBERT O SULLIVAN

2)  Geography, Seoul is the capital of which Asian country? SOUTH KOREA

3)  TV, which 1990’s comedy series show featured 'Jessie's Diets'?

4)  Film, who was the leading actress in ‘Sister Act 1’ and ‘Sister Act 2’? WHOOPIE GOLDBERG

5)  Cow pies were the favourite food of which comic book character? DESPERATE DAN

6)  Food and drink, which fizzy drink is advertised with the slogan “It gives you wiings”? RED BULL

7)  Science, ‘Cardiology’ is the study of what part of the human anatomy? HEART

8 )  What car maker produces the SUV ‘Kuga’ model? HONDA

9)  Sport, what League One football club are nicknamed ‘Pompey’? PORTSMOUTH

10)  History, in which US city was John F Kennedy assassinated in 1963? DALLAS

11)  From what musical, originally performed in 1935, does the song ‘Summertime’ come? SOUTH PACIFIC

12)  ‘Ovine’ is the adjective which describes what animal? SHEEP

13)  Literature, who created the detective Hercule Poirot? AGATHA CHRISTIE

14)  The Colorado Beetle is a major pest of which type of crop?POTATO

15)  Film, what was Steven Spielberg’s 1993 black-and-white-film about saving Jews from the holocaust in the Second World War? SCHINDLERS LIST

16)  TV, which BBC programme about astronomy, still airing today, was fronted by Patrick Moore until his death? THE SKY AT NIGHT

17)  Which band produced the mega selling 1977 album ‘Rumours’? FLEETWOOD MAC

18)  Science, what does the medical condition ADHD stand for? ATTENTION DEFECIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER

19)  Classical music, written to commemorate the successful Russian defence against Napoleon's invading Grande Armée, who wrote ‘The 1812 Overture’?
TCHAICOVSKY

20)  History, on which Island was Napoleon Bonaparte born?

21)  Food and drink, ‘Scrag End’ is the name for a cut of which type of meat? NECK

22)  Geography, which South American capital city has a name that means “good airs” in English? BUENOS ARIES

23)  Literature, in Beatrix Potter’s children’s book, what types of animal was Mrs Tiggy-Winkle? HEDGEHOG

24)  According to proverb, what does the hand that rocks the cradle do? RULES THE WORLD

25)  ♪♫I saw her today
I saw her face
It was a face I loved
And I knew
I had to run away
That they'd go away
But still they begin
……………………………… ♪♫
NEEDLES AND PINS THE SEARCHERS

COUNTIES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Westmorland and Cumberland were renamed to what county in 1974? CUMBRIA

BQ2)  In which county is the bracing seaside town of Skegness located? LINCOLNSHIRE

BQ3)  In which county of the UK is Bakewell, home of the Bakewell Tart? DARBYSHIRE

BQ4)  What is the county town of Norfolk? NORWICH

BQ5)  The River Tamar forms the boundary between what two counties?

STINKER)  Literature, according to Douglas Adams’ ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’, what number is the answer to the ultimate question of ‘Life, the Universe and everything’?

TRICKY)  TV/film, in ‘Star Trek’ what were Captain Kirk's two Christian names? JAMES TIBERIUS

Evening Ray good to see the old quiz back up
and running , thanks for first of many Here's to you
gassey
gassey
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Mon 09 Sep 2019, 5:57 pm

gassey wrote:
ramiejamie wrote:A very Good Evening to you lovely Peers
This is our first Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz.
It is EXACTLY the same quiz format as was done over on Wigan Rejects before I was booted off.
Their loss is our gain.
Get yourselves down here to The Peer’s Bar.
Get comfy with your favourite drink.
Let’s have a beltin’ bash.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you doing our quiz for the first time, NSG means ‘No Soddin’ Googling’ !!!!!!!! LOL
It’s too long winded and time consuming to tick everybody’s answers, so I’ll give you all a total score when I mark your posts, please try and do the quiz ‘in one go’ otherwise you’ll confuse an old git like me!!!!!! LOL
You can do the quiz by using the ‘Quote’ button to type in your answers, or simply type in your answers on a ‘post reply’.

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1972 hit with ‘Alone Again (Naturally)’?  GILBERT O SULLIVAN Tick

2)  Geography, Seoul is the capital of which Asian country?  SOUTH KOREA Tick

3)  TV, which 1990’s comedy series show featured 'Jessie's Diets'?

4)  Film, who was the leading actress in ‘Sister Act 1’ and ‘Sister Act 2’?  WHOOPIE GOLDBERG Tick

5)  Cow pies were the favourite food of which comic book character?  DESPERATE DAN Tick

6)  Food and drink, which fizzy drink is advertised with the slogan “It gives you wiings”?  RED BULL Tick

7)  Science, ‘Cardiology’ is the study of what part of the human anatomy?  HEART Tick

8 )  What car maker produces the SUV ‘Kuga’ model?  HONDA

9)  Sport, what League One football club are nicknamed ‘Pompey’?  PORTSMOUTH Tick

10)  History, in which US city was John F Kennedy assassinated in 1963?  DALLAS Tick

11)  From what musical, originally performed in 1935, does the song ‘Summertime’ come?  SOUTH PACIFIC

12)  ‘Ovine’ is the adjective which describes what animal?   SHEEP Tick

13)  Literature, who created the detective Hercule Poirot?  AGATHA CHRISTIE Tick

14)  The Colorado Beetle is a major pest of which type of crop?POTATO Tick

15)  Film, what was Steven Spielberg’s 1993 black-and-white-film about saving Jews from the holocaust in the Second World War?  SCHINDLERS LIST Tick

16)  TV, which BBC programme about astronomy, still airing today, was fronted by Patrick Moore until his death?  THE SKY AT NIGHT Tick

17)  Which band produced the mega selling 1977 album ‘Rumours’? FLEETWOOD MAC Tick

18)  Science, what does the medical condition ADHD stand for?  ATTENTION DEFECIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER Tick

19)  Classical music, written to commemorate the successful Russian defence against Napoleon's invading Grande Armée, who wrote ‘The 1812 Overture’?
TCHAICOVSKY Tick

20)  History, on which Island was Napoleon Bonaparte born?

21)  Food and drink, ‘Scrag End’ is the name for a cut of which type of meat? NECK Tick

22)  Geography, which South American capital city has a name that means “good airs” in English?  BUENOS ARIES Tick

23)  Literature, in Beatrix Potter’s children’s book, what types of animal was Mrs Tiggy-Winkle?  HEDGEHOG Tick

24)  According to proverb, what does the hand that rocks the cradle do?   RULES THE WORLD Tick

25)  ♪♫I saw her today
I saw her face
It was a face I loved
And I knew
I had to run away
That they'd go away
But still they begin
……………………………… ♪♫
NEEDLES AND PINS       THE SEARCHERS Tick

COUNTIES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Westmorland and Cumberland were renamed to what county in 1974?  CUMBRIA Tick

BQ2)  In which county is the bracing seaside town of Skegness located?   LINCOLNSHIRE Tick

BQ3)  In which county of the UK is Bakewell, home of the Bakewell Tart?  DARBYSHIRE Tick

BQ4)  What is the county town of Norfolk?  NORWICH Tick

BQ5)  The River Tamar forms the boundary between what two counties?

STINKER)  Literature, according to Douglas Adams’ ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’, what number is the answer to the ultimate question of ‘Life, the Universe and everything’?

TRICKY)  TV/film, in ‘Star Trek’ what were Captain Kirk's two Christian names?   JAMES TIBERIUS Tick

Evening Ray good to see the old quiz back up
and running , thanks for first of many Here's to you

Evening Gassey.

Brilliant quizzing from you,well done, good to see a familiar face joining in.

Yes, it WILL be the first of many.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum