Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 1-10-21

+2
Duckyfuzz
ramiejamie
6 posters

Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 1-10-21 Empty Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 1-10-21

Post by ramiejamie Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:00 pm

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 1-10-21

1) Who had a 1962 number one hit with ‘I Can’t Stop Loving You’?

2) Geography, what is the second tallest mountain in the world?

3) TV, running from 1955 to 1968 who hosted the game show ‘Take Your Pick’?

4) Film, Peter O'Toole plays a British Army Lieutenant who defies orders to lead a guerilla war in the Middle East, in which movie that won the Best Picture Oscar for 1962?

5) ) In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter `K`?

6) Food and drink "They came in search of paradise." Name the chocolate bar.

7) Science, 1,000,000 bytes is also known as?

8 ) Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which car manufacturer produced the A40 Cambridge model?

9) Sport, Which footballer holds the title for most goals scored in the Premier League of all time?

10) History, what was Nelson Mandela's political party called?

11) "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Walt Disney animated film?

12) What is most expensive property in the UK standard board game of Monopoly?

13) Literature in Shakespeare's play who killed Macbeth?

14) Which US City is known as The Windy City?

15) Film, which ground-breaking film of 1960 starred a youthful Albert Finney as Arthur Seaton, an "angry young man" working in a factory in a grimy northern industrial town?

16) TV, running from 1971 to 1983 what game show was announced as "And now, from Norwich "It's the quiz of the week"?

17) Who had a 1969 number one hit with ‘((If Paradise Is) Half As Nice’?

18) Science, in computer terminology, what does PDF stand for?

19) Classical music, famously used on the Hamlet Cigar adverts, who composed the music known as 'The Air on a G String'?

20) History, from which country did Vietnam claim independence in 1945?

21) Food and drink, how many varieties of potato are there?
a) tens
b) hundreds
c) thousands

22) Geography, what is the capital of Spain?

23) Literature, in the James Hilton novella ‘Goodbye Mr Chips’, what was the occupation of Mr Chips?

24) What ‘A’ word is a person who uses both hands with equal skill?

25) ♪♫Woah, my love, my darling
I've hungered for your touch
A long, lonely time
And time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love
God speed your love to me♪♫

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it?

WHO WERE BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Pop, who were Brian Wilson, his brothers Carl and Dennis, their cousin Mike Love, and Al Jardine?

BQ2) Politics, who were Roy Jenkins, David Owen, Bill Rodgers, and Shirley Williams?

BQ3) TV chefs, who were Clarissa Dickson Wright and Jennifer Paterson?

BQ4) Literature, who were Jo, Beth, Amy and Meg March?

BQ5) Pop, who were Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham and John Paul Jones?

STINKER) How many eyes does a bee have?

TRICKY) What condition has the medical name of bruxism?
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

gassey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 1-10-21 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 1-10-21

Post by Duckyfuzz Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:16 pm

1) Who had a 1962 number one hit with ‘I Can’t Stop Loving You’? Phil Collins

2) Geography, what is the second tallest mountain in the world? K2

3) TV, running from 1955 to 1968 who hosted the game show ‘Take Your Pick’? Michael Miles

4) Film, Peter O'Toole plays a British Army Lieutenant who defies orders to lead a guerilla war in the Middle East, in which movie that won the Best Picture Oscar for 1962? Lawrence of Arabia

5) ) In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter `K`? Kilo

6) Food and drink "They came in search of paradise." Name the chocolate bar. Bounty

7) Science, 1,000,000 bytes is also known as? Megabyte

8 ) Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which car manufacturer produced the A40 Cambridge model? Austin

9) Sport, Which footballer holds the title for most goals scored in the Premier League of all time? Shearer

African national Congress
11) "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Walt Disney animated film? Jungle Book

12) What is most expensive property in the UK standard board game of Monopoly? Mayfair

13) Literature in Shakespeare's play who killed Macbeth? Macduff

14) Which US City is known as The Windy City? Chicago

15) Film, which ground-breaking film of 1960 starred a youthful Albert Finney as Arthur Seaton, an "angry young man" working in a factory in a grimy northern industrial town? Saturday night Sunday morning

16) TV, running from 1971 to 1983 what game show was announced as "And now, from Norwich "It's the quiz of the week"? Sale of the century

17) Who had a 1969 number one hit with ‘((If Paradise Is) Half As Nice’? Amen corner?????

18) Science, in computer terminology, what does PDF stand for? Portable document format

19) Classical music, famously used on the Hamlet Cigar adverts, who composed the music known as 'The Air on a G String'? Bach

20) History, from which country did Vietnam claim independence in 1945? France

b) hundreds

22) Geography, what is the capital of Spain? Madrid

23) Literature, in the James Hilton novella ‘Goodbye Mr Chips’, what was the occupation of Mr Chips? Teacher

24) What ‘A’ word is a person who uses both hands with equal skill? Ambidextrous

A long, lonely time
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love

Unchained Melody righteous brother's
WHO WERE BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Pop, who were Brian Wilson, his brothers Carl and Dennis, their cousin Mike Love, and Al Jardine? Beach Boys

BQ2) Politics, who were Roy Jenkins, David Owen, Bill Rodgers, and Shirley Williams? S d p founders ????

BQ3) TV chefs, who were Clarissa Dickson Wright and Jennifer Paterson? Two fat ladies

BQ4) Literature, who were Jo, Beth, Amy and Meg March? Little Women

BQ5) Pop, who were Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham and John Paul Jones? Led zeppelin

STINKER) How many eyes does a bee have? 5

Grinding teeth

ramiejamie 

Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 1-10-21 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 1-10-21

Post by Duckyfuzz Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:19 pm

Some tricky ones tonight Ray 🤔 doubt I'll get a full house, but a cracking quiz as always Thumbs Up
Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:24 pm

ramiejamie wrote: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz  1-10-21

1)  Who had a 1962 number one hit with ‘I Can’t Stop Loving You’?Ray Charles

2)  Geography, what is the second tallest mountain in the world?..K2

3)  TV, running from 1955 to 1968 who hosted the game show ‘Take Your Pick’?..Michael Miles.

4)  Film, Peter O'Toole plays a British Army Lieutenant who defies orders to lead a guerilla war in the Middle East, in which movie that won the Best Picture Oscar for 1962?Laurence of Arabia

5)  )  In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter  `K`?

6)  Food and drink "They came in search of paradise." Name the chocolate bar...Bounty

7)  Science, 1,000,000 bytes is also known as? Megabyte

8 )  Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which car manufacturer produced the A40 Cambridge model? Austin

9)  Sport, Which footballer holds the title for most goals scored in the Premier League of all time?

10)  History, what was Nelson Mandela's political party called?..ANC

11)  "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Walt Disney animated film?..Jungle Book

12)  What is most expensive property in the UK standard board game of Monopoly?..Mayfair

13)  Literature in Shakespeare's play who killed Macbeth?

14)  Which US City is known as The Windy City? ..Chicago

15)  Film, which ground-breaking film of 1960 starred a youthful Albert Finney as Arthur Seaton, an "angry young man" working in a factory in a grimy northern industrial town?

16)  TV, running from 1971 to 1983 what game show was announced as  "And now, from Norwich "It's the quiz of the week"?..Sale of the century

17)  Who had a 1969 number one hit with ‘((If Paradise Is) Half As Nice’?

18)  Science, in computer terminology, what does PDF stand for?..Portable document format

19)  Classical music, famously used on the Hamlet Cigar adverts, who composed the music known as 'The Air on a G String'?..Bach

20)  History, from which country did Vietnam claim independence in 1945?

21)  Food and drink, how many varieties of potato are there?..B
a)  tens
b)  hundreds
c)  thousands

22)  Geography, what is the capital of Spain?...Madrid

23)  Literature, in the James Hilton novella ‘Goodbye Mr Chips’, what was the occupation of Mr Chips?

24)  What ‘A’ word is a person who uses both hands with equal skill?..Ambedxtrous

25)  ♪♫Woah, my love, my darling
A long, lonely time
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it?   Unchained Melody The Righteous Brothers

WHO WERE BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Pop, who were Brian Wilson, his brothers Carl and Dennis, their cousin Mike Love, and Al Jardine?..Beach Boys

BQ2)  Politics, who were Roy Jenkins, David Owen, Bill Rodgers, and Shirley Williams?

BQ3)  TV chefs, who were Clarissa Dickson Wright and Jennifer Paterson? 2 fat ladies

BQ4)  Literature, who were Jo, Beth, Amy and Meg March?

BQ5)  Pop, who were Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham and John Paul Jones?

STINKER)  How many eyes does a bee have?..4

TRICKY)  What condition has the medical name of bruxism?..Grinding teeth
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:29 pm

Duckyfuzz wrote:
1) Who had a 1962 number one hit with ‘I Can’t Stop Loving You’?  Phil Collins

2) Geography, what is the second tallest mountain in the world?  K2  Tick

3) TV, running from 1955 to 1968 who hosted the game show ‘Take Your Pick’? Michael Miles Tick

4) Film, Peter O'Toole plays a British Army Lieutenant who defies orders to lead a guerilla war in the Middle East, in which movie that won the Best Picture Oscar for 1962? Lawrence of Arabia Tick

5) ) In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter `K`? Kilo Tick

6) Food and drink "They came in search of paradise." Name the chocolate bar.  Bounty  Tick

7) Science, 1,000,000 bytes is also known as? Megabyte  Tick

8 ) Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which car manufacturer produced the A40 Cambridge model? Austin Tick

9) Sport, Which footballer holds the title for most goals scored in the Premier League of all time? Shearer Tick

African national Congress Tick

11) "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Walt Disney animated film?  Jungle Book Tick

12) What is most expensive property in the UK standard board game of Monopoly? Mayfair Tick

13) Literature in Shakespeare's play who killed Macbeth? Macduff Tick

14) Which US City is known as The Windy City?  Chicago Tick

15) Film, which ground-breaking film of 1960 starred a youthful Albert Finney as Arthur Seaton, an "angry young man" working in a factory in a grimy northern industrial town?  Saturday night Sunday morning Tick

16) TV, running from 1971 to 1983 what game show was announced as "And now, from Norwich "It's the quiz of the week"? Sale of the century Tick

17) Who had a 1969 number one hit with ‘((If Paradise Is) Half As Nice’?  Amen corner????? Tick

18) Science, in computer terminology, what does PDF stand for? Portable document format Tick

19) Classical music, famously used on the Hamlet Cigar adverts, who composed the music known as 'The Air on a G String'? Bach Tick

20) History, from which country did Vietnam claim independence in 1945? France  Tick

b) hundreds  Tick

22) Geography, what is the capital of Spain? Madrid Tick

23) Literature, in the James Hilton novella ‘Goodbye Mr Chips’, what was the occupation of Mr Chips? Teacher Tick

24) What ‘A’ word is a person who uses both hands with equal skill?  Ambidextrous Tick

A long, lonely time
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love

Unchained Melody  righteous brother's Tick
WHO WERE BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Pop, who were Brian Wilson, his brothers Carl and Dennis, their cousin Mike Love, and Al Jardine?  Beach Boys Tick

BQ2) Politics, who were Roy Jenkins, David Owen, Bill Rodgers, and Shirley Williams? S d p founders ????

BQ3) TV chefs, who were Clarissa Dickson Wright and Jennifer Paterson? Two fat ladies Tick

BQ4) Literature, who were Jo, Beth, Amy and Meg March?  Little Women Tick

BQ5) Pop, who were Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham and John Paul Jones?  Led zeppelin Tick

STINKER) How many eyes does a bee have?  5   Tick

Grinding teeth Tick

ramiejamie 

Evening DF.
A really superb effort, just a couple let you down for a FULL HOUSE, very well played indeed.

Last edited by ramiejamie on Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by gassey Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:31 pm

1)  Who had a 1962 number one hit with ‘I Can’t Stop Loving You’? RAY CHARLES

2)  Geography, what is the second tallest mountain in the world? K2

3)  TV, running from 1955 to 1968 who hosted the game show ‘Take Your Pick’? MICHAEL MILES

4)  Film, Peter O'Toole plays a British Army Lieutenant who defies orders to lead a guerilla war in the Middle East, in which movie that won the Best Picture Oscar for 1962? LAWRENCE OF ARABIA

5)  )  In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter  `K`? KILO

6)  Food and drink "They came in search of paradise." Name the chocolate bar. BOUNTY

7)  Science, 1,000,000 bytes is also known as?

8 )  Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which car manufacturer produced the A40 Cambridge model?

9)  Sport, Which footballer holds the title for most goals scored in the Premier League of all time? ALAN SHEARER

10)  History, what was Nelson Mandela's political party called?

11)  "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Walt Disney animated film? JUNGLE BOOK

12)  What is most expensive property in the UK standard board game of Monopoly? MAYFAIR

13)  Literature in Shakespeare's play who killed Macbeth? MACDUFF

14)  Which US City is known as The Windy City CHICAGO?

15)  Film, which ground-breaking film of 1960 starred a youthful Albert Finney as Arthur Seaton, an "angry young man" working in a factory in a grimy northern industrial town? SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING

16)  TV, running from 1971 to 1983 what game show was announced as  "And now, from Norwich "It's the quiz of the week"? SALE OF THE CENTURY

17)  Who had a 1969 number one hit with ‘((If Paradise Is) Half As Nice’? AMEN CORNER... ( ANDY FAIRWEATHER LOWE )

18)  Science, in computer terminology, what does PDF stand for?

19)  Classical music, famously used on the Hamlet Cigar adverts, who composed the music known as 'The Air on a G String'? TCHAICOVSKY

21)  Food and drink, how many varieties of potato are there?
a)  tens
b)  hundreds B
c)  thousands

22)  Geography, what is the capital of Spain? MADRID

23)  Literature, in the James Hilton novella ‘Goodbye Mr Chips’, what was the occupation of Mr Chips? HEADMASTER

24)  What ‘A’ word is a person who uses both hands with equal skill? AMBIDEXTROUS

A long, lonely time
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it? UNCHAINED MELODY... RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS

WHO WERE BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Pop, who were Brian Wilson, his brothers Carl and Dennis, their cousin Mike Love, and Al Jardine? BEACH BOYS

BQ2)  Politics, who were Roy Jenkins, David Owen, Bill Rodgers, and Shirley Williams? GANG OF FOUR

BQ3)  TV chefs, who were Clarissa Dickson Wright and Jennifer Paterson?

BQ5)  Pop, who were Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham and John Paul Jones? LED ZEPPELIN

STINKER)  How many eyes does a bee have? FOUR

TRICKY)  What condition has the medical name of bruxism?
gassey
gassey
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:31 pm

Duckyfuzz wrote:Some tricky ones tonight Ray 🤔 doubt I'll get a full house, but a cracking quiz as always Thumbs Up

Many thanks DF, I'm not here to make your life easy LOL !!!!!!!.
You played a cracker as always.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:35 pm

Lolly wrote:

1)  Who had a 1962 number one hit with ‘I Can’t Stop Loving You’?Ray Charles Tick

2)  Geography, what is the second tallest mountain in the world?..K2 Tick

3)  TV, running from 1955 to 1968 who hosted the game show ‘Take Your Pick’?..Michael Miles.Tick

4)  Film, Peter O'Toole plays a British Army Lieutenant who defies orders to lead a guerilla war in the Middle East, in which movie that won the Best Picture Oscar for 1962?Laurence of Arabia Tick

5)  )  In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter  `K`?

6)  Food and drink "They came in search of paradise." Name the chocolate bar...Bounty Tick

7)  Science, 1,000,000 bytes is also known as? Megabyte Tick

8 )  Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which car manufacturer produced the A40 Cambridge model? Austin Tick

9)  Sport, Which footballer holds the title for most goals scored in the Premier League of all time?

10)  History, what was Nelson Mandela's political party called?..ANC Tick

11)  "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Walt Disney animated film?..Jungle Book Tick

12)  What is most expensive property in the UK standard board game of Monopoly?..Mayfair Tick

13)  Literature in Shakespeare's play who killed Macbeth?

14)  Which US City is known as The Windy City? ..Chicago Tick

15)  Film, which ground-breaking film of 1960 starred a youthful Albert Finney as Arthur Seaton, an "angry young man" working in a factory in a grimy northern industrial town?

16)  TV, running from 1971 to 1983 what game show was announced as  "And now, from Norwich "It's the quiz of the week"?..Sale of the century Tick

18)  Science, in computer terminology, what does PDF stand for?..Portable document  format Tick

19)  Classical music, famously used on the Hamlet Cigar adverts, who composed the music known as 'The Air on a G String'?..Bach Tick

21)  Food and drink, how many varieties of potato are there?..B Tick
a)  tens
b)  hundreds
c)  thousands

22)  Geography, what is the capital of Spain?...Madrid Tick

23)  Literature, in the James Hilton novella ‘Goodbye Mr Chips’, what was the occupation of Mr Chips?

24)  What ‘A’ word is a person who uses both hands with equal skill?..Ambedxtrous Tick

A long, lonely time
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it?   Unchained Melody The Righteous Brothers Tick

WHO WERE BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Pop, who were Brian Wilson, his brothers Carl and Dennis, their cousin Mike Love, and Al Jardine?..Beach Boys Tick

BQ2)  Politics, who were Roy Jenkins, David Owen, Bill Rodgers, and Shirley Williams?

BQ3)  TV chefs, who were Clarissa Dickson Wright and Jennifer Paterson? 2 fat ladies Tick

STINKER)  How many eyes does a bee have?..4

TRICKY)  What condition has the medical name of bruxism?..Grinding teeth Tick

Evening Lolly.
A really super dooper bit of quizzing, well done you.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:37 pm

An excellent quiz, as usual, Ray...

Many thanks for keeping our members on their toes.....
Here's to you
Admin
Admin
Admin
gold

https://wigan-peers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Weatherwax Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:39 pm

1. Ray Charles
2. K2
3. Michael Miles
4. Laurence of Arabia
5. Kilo
6. Bounty
7. 1 Megabyte
8. Austin
10. A.N.C =African National Congress
11. The Jungle Book
12. Mayfair
13. Macduff
14. Chicago
15. Saturday Night and Sunday Morning
16. Sale Of The Century
17. Amen Corner
18. Portable Document Format
19. Bach
20. France
21. c, Thousands
22. Madrid
23. Teacher
24. Ambidextrous
25. Unchained Melody by Elvis Presley, The Righteous Brothers and Neil Diamond. Also Robson and Green ( You didn't specify which date. )

Bonus Questions.
1. The Beach Boys
2. S.D.P = Social Democratic Party
3. Two Fat Ladies
4. Little Women
5. Led Zeppelin

Stinker:= 5
Tricky:= Grinding your Teeth
Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:41 pm

gassey wrote:

1)  Who had a 1962 number one hit with ‘I Can’t Stop Loving You’?   RAY CHARLES Tick

2)  Geography, what is the second tallest mountain in the world?  K2 Tick

3)  TV, running from 1955 to 1968 who hosted the game show ‘Take Your Pick’?  MICHAEL MILES Tick

4)  Film, Peter O'Toole plays a British Army Lieutenant who defies orders to lead a guerilla war in the Middle East, in which movie that won the Best Picture Oscar for 1962?  LAWRENCE OF ARABIA Tick

5)  )  In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter  `K`?  KILO Tick

6)  Food and drink "They came in search of paradise." Name the chocolate bar.  BOUNTY Tick

8 )  Classic cars, built from 1954 to 1969, which car manufacturer produced the A40 Cambridge model?

9)  Sport, Which footballer holds the title for most goals scored in the Premier League of all time?  ALAN SHEARER Tick

11)  "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Walt Disney animated film?   JUNGLE BOOK Tick

12)  What is most expensive property in the UK standard board game of Monopoly?  MAYFAIR Tick

13)  Literature in Shakespeare's play who killed Macbeth?  MACDUFF Tick

14)  Which US City is known as The Windy City  CHICAGO? Tick

15)  Film, which ground-breaking film of 1960 starred a youthful Albert Finney as Arthur Seaton, an "angry young man" working in a factory in a grimy northern industrial town?  SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING Tick

16)  TV, running from 1971 to 1983 what game show was announced as  "And now, from Norwich "It's the quiz of the week"?  SALE OF THE CENTURY Tick

17)  Who had a 1969 number one hit with ‘((If Paradise Is) Half As Nice’?  AMEN CORNER... ( ANDY FAIRWEATHER LOWE Tick

19)  Classical music, famously used on the Hamlet Cigar adverts, who composed the music known as 'The Air on a G String'?  TCHAICOVSKY

a)  tens
b)  hundreds  B Tick
c)  thousands

22)  Geography, what is the capital of Spain?  MADRID Tick

23)  Literature, in the James Hilton novella ‘Goodbye Mr Chips’, what was the occupation of Mr Chips?  HEADMASTER Tick

24)  What ‘A’ word is a person who uses both hands with equal skill?  AMBIDEXTROUS Tick

A long, lonely time
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it?   UNCHAINED MELODY... RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS Tick

WHO WERE BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Pop, who were Brian Wilson, his brothers Carl and Dennis, their cousin Mike Love, and Al Jardine?   BEACH BOYS
Tick

BQ2)  Politics, who were Roy Jenkins, David Owen, Bill Rodgers, and Shirley Williams?   GANG OF FOUR Tick

BQ5)  Pop, who were Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham and John Paul Jones?  LED ZEPPELIN Tick

STINKER)  How many eyes does a bee have?  FOUR

Evening Gassey.
Superb quizzing from you, really well played.

ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:45 pm

Admin wrote:An excellent quiz, as usual, Ray...

Many thanks for keeping our members on their toes.....
Here's to you

Many thanks Fred, it's good to be appreciated.
I have to say they're a real clever lot
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 01 Oct 2021, 8:52 pm

Weatherwax wrote:1. Ray Charles  Tick
2. K2 Tick
3. Michael Miles   Tick
4. Laurence of Arabia   Tick
5. Kilo  Tick
6. Bounty  Tick
7. 1 Megabyte  Tick
8. Austin  Tick   yay !!!!!
10. A.N.C  =African National Congress  Tick
11. The Jungle Book   Tick
12. Mayfair  Tick
13. Macduff  Tick
14. Chicago  Tick
15. Saturday Night and Sunday Morning  Tick
16. Sale Of The Century Tick
17. Amen Corner  Tick
18. Portable Document Format  Tick
19. Bach Tick
20. France  Tick
21. c, Thousands
22. Madrid  Tick
23. Teacher  Tick
24. Ambidextrous   Tick
25. Unchained Melody  by Elvis Presley, The Righteous Brothers and Neil Diamond. Also Robson and Green      ( You didn't specify which date. )  Tick   OK WW, you  got me, but I think The Righteous Brothers is the most famous version.

Bonus Questions.
1. The Beach Boys  Tick
2. S.D.P  = Social Democratic Party
3. Two Fat Ladies  Tick
4. Little Women  Tick
5. Led Zeppelin  Tick

Stinker:= 5  Tick
Tricky:= Grinding your Teeth Tick  

Evening Weatherwax.
As ever brilliant quizzing, very well played indeed.
Apologies for not ticking BQ2, it's not quite right
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Weatherwax Fri 01 Oct 2021, 9:49 pm

You were quite right not to mark BQ2. I misunderstood the question. Laughing

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 1-10-21 Animated-thank-you-image-0166

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 1-10-21 Animated-thank-you-image-0151

X2 I was naughty on Tuesday and forgot to thank you, as I signed out early.
Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 01 Oct 2021, 10:24 pm

Weatherwax wrote:You were quite right not to mark BQ2. I misunderstood the question.  Laughing

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 1-10-21 Animated-thank-you-image-0166

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 1-10-21 Animated-thank-you-image-0151

X2  I was naughty on Tuesday and forgot to thank you, as I signed out early.

You always thank me WW, so you're completely forgiven, and thank you for thanking me LOL Very Happy
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 01 Oct 2021, 10:25 pm

Very well played to all the Wigan Peers quizzers..

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz Answers 1-10-21

1)  Who had a 1962 number one hit with ‘I Can’t Stop Loving You’?
 Ray Charles  

2)  Geography, what is the second tallest mountain in the world?
   K2  

3)  TV, running from 1955 to 1968 who hosted the game show ‘Take Your Pick’?
Michael Miles    

4)  Film, Peter O'Toole plays a British Army Lieutenant who defies orders to lead a guerilla war in the Middle East, in which movie that won the Best Picture Oscar for 1962?
 Lawrence of Arabia    

5)  In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter  `K`?
    Kilo  

6)  Food and drink "They came in search of paradise.", name the chocolate bar.
  Bounty  

Megabyte

Austin

9)  Sport, which footballer holds the title for most goals scored in the Premier League of all time?
  Alan Shearer  

African National Congress  

11)  "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Walt Disney animated film?
The Jungle Book    

12)  What is most expensive property in the UK standard board game of Monopoly?
  Mayfair  

13)  Literature in Shakespeare?s play who killed Macbeth?
   MacDuff

14)  Which US City is known as The Windy City?
  Chicago

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning 

16)  TV, running from 1971 to 1983 what game show was announced as  "And now, from Norwich. It's the quiz of the week"?
   Sale of the Century wih Nicholas Parsons

Amen Corner  

Portable document format  

19)  Classical music, famously used on the Hamlet Cigar adverts, who composed the music known as 'The Air on a G String'?
  J.S. Bach  

France  

b)  hundreds, approximately 500  

22)  Geography, what is the capital of Spain?
      Madrid

Schoolmaster  

24)  What ‘A’ word is a person who uses both hands with equal skill?
    Ambidextrous

A long, lonely time
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love

Unchained Melody / The Righteous Brothers

WHO WERE BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Pop, who were Brian Wilson, his brothers Carl and Dennis, their cousin Mike Love, and Al Jardine?
 The Beach Boys  

The Lib Dem ‘Gang of Four’

Two Fat Ladies  

Little Women      

Led Zeppelin    

STINKER)  How many eyes does a bee have?
The honey bee has FIVE eyes, two large compound eyes and three smaller ocelli eyes in the centre of its head      

Teeth grinding  
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum