Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigan Peers Tuesday Mini Quiz 26-10-21

4 posters

Go down

Wigan Peers Tuesday Mini Quiz 26-10-21 Empty Wigan Peers Tuesday Mini Quiz 26-10-21

Post by ramiejamie Tue 26 Oct 2021, 8:00 pm

Wigan Peers Tuesday Night Mini Quiz 26-10-21

1)  Which Glam Rock band had a 1974 number one with “Tiger Feet”?

2)  Geography, what body of water separates Europe from Africa?

3)  TV, which character had the catchphrase of “Shut that door”?

4)  Film, what’s the name of Bruce Willis's character in the ‘Die Hard’ movies?
a) John McCain
b)  John  McClane
c)  John McClaren
D  John Morris

5)  The Americans call this game ‘Tick-Tack-Toe’, what do we call it?

6)  Food and drink, from what type of food is ‘Bombay Duck’ made?

7)  Science, what name is given to the elementary particle believed to have been finally identified at CERN in 2012?

8 )  Which Asian car maker produces the SUV ‘Sorento’ model?

9)  Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park?

10)  History, the United States bought Alaska from which country in 1867?

11)  Starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor, from what 2001 film musical does the song ‘One Day I’ll Fly Away’ come?

12)  Literature, in Charles Dickens’s ‘Oliver Twist’, what food does Oliver famously ask for more of when he says: “Please, Sir, I want some more”?

STINKER)  Who was the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne?

TRICKY)  Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869?
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

gassey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Tuesday Mini Quiz 26-10-21 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Tuesday Mini Quiz 26-10-21

Post by Duckyfuzz Tue 26 Oct 2021, 8:07 pm

Which Glam Rock band had a 1974 number one with “Tiger Feet”? Mud

2) Geography, what body of water separates Europe from Africa? Med/ Strait of Gibraltar

3) TV, which character had the catchphrase of “Shut that door”? Larry Grayson

4) Film, what’s the name of Bruce Willis's character in the ‘Die Hard’ movies?
a) John McCain

5) The Americans call this game ‘Tick-Tack-Toe’, what do we call it? Noughts and crosses

6) Food and drink, from what type of food is ‘Bombay Duck’ made? Fish

7) Science, what name is given to the elementary particle believed to have been finally identified at CERN in 2012? Hoggs??????

8 ) Which Asian car maker produces the SUV ‘Sorento’ model?
Kia
9) Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park? Crystal Palace

10) History, the United States bought Alaska from which country in 1867? Russia

11) Starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor, from what 2001 film musical does the song ‘One Day I’ll Fly Away’ come?
Moulon rouge
12) Literature, in Charles Dickens’s ‘Oliver Twist’, what food does Oliver famously ask for more of when he says: “Please, Sir, I want some more”? Gruel

STINKER) Who was the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne? Dom perigon

TRICKY) Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869? Suez canal

ramiejamie 

LIKEDISLIKE

Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Tuesday Mini Quiz 26-10-21 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Tuesday Mini Quiz 26-10-21

Post by Duckyfuzz Tue 26 Oct 2021, 8:08 pm

Some tricky uns tonight 🤔, really got me grey matter working hard, many thanks Ray Thumbs Up
Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Tue 26 Oct 2021, 8:13 pm

Duckyfuzz wrote:Which Glam Rock band had a 1974 number one with “Tiger Feet”? Mud Tick

2) Geography, what body of water separates Europe from Africa?  Med/ Strait of Gibraltar Tick

3) TV, which character had the catchphrase of “Shut that door”? Larry Grayson Tick

a) John McCain

5) The Americans call this game ‘Tick-Tack-Toe’, what do we call it? Noughts and crosses Tick

6) Food and drink, from what type of food is ‘Bombay Duck’ made? Fish Tick

7) Science, what name is given to the elementary particle believed to have been finally identified at CERN in 2012? Hoggs?????? nearly

Kia Tick

9) Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park? Crystal Palace Tick

10) History, the United States bought Alaska from which country in 1867?  Russia Tick

11) Starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor, from what 2001 film musical does the song ‘One Day I’ll Fly Away’ come?
Moulon rouge Tick

12) Literature, in Charles Dickens’s ‘Oliver Twist’, what food does Oliver famously ask for more of when he says: “Please, Sir, I want some more”? Gruel Tick

STINKER) Who was the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne? Dom perigon Tick

TRICKY) Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869? Suez canal Tick

Evening Gassey.
Another brilliant bit of quizzing from you, very well played.

ramiejamie 

LIKEDISLIKE
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Tue 26 Oct 2021, 8:14 pm

ramiejamie wrote: Wigan Peers Tuesday Night Mini Quiz 26-10-21

1)  Which Glam Rock band had a 1974 number one with “Tiger Feet”?....MUD

2)  Geography, what body of water separates Europe from Africa?. The Med

3)  TV, which character had the catchphrase of “Shut that door”?..Larry Grayson

4)  Film, what’s the name of Bruce Willis's character in the ‘Die Hard’ movies?...A
a) John McCain
b)  John  McClane
c)  John McClaren
D  John Morris

5)  The Americans call this game ‘Tick-Tack-Toe’, what do we call it?..Naughts and crosses

6)  Food and drink, from what type of food is ‘Bombay Duck’ made?...Fish

7)  Science, what name is given to the elementary particle believed to have been finally identified at CERN in 2012?

8 )  Which Asian car maker produces the SUV ‘Sorento’ model?..Kia?

9)  Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park?

10)  History, the United States bought Alaska from which country in 1867?.....Russia

11)  Starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor, from what 2001 film musical does the song ‘One Day I’ll Fly Away’ come?

12)  Literature, in Charles Dickens’s ‘Oliver Twist’, what food does Oliver famously ask for more of when he says: “Please, Sir, I want some more”?..Gruel

STINKER)  Who was the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne? Dom Perignon

TRICKY)  Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869?
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Tue 26 Oct 2021, 8:16 pm

Duckyfuzz wrote:Some tricky uns tonight 🤔, really got me grey matter working hard, many thanks Ray Thumbs Up

Many thanks DF, just a couple of questions tripped you  up tonight bet otherwise a really good performance.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by gassey Tue 26 Oct 2021, 8:20 pm

1)  Which Glam Rock band had a 1974 number one with “Tiger Feet”? WAS IT MUD?..... (THATS RIGHT , THATS RIGHT)

2)  Geography, what body of water separates Europe from Africa? MEDIITERRANEAN

3)  TV, which character had the catchphrase of “Shut that door”? LARRY GRAYSON

a) John McCain
b)  John  McClane B
c)  John McClaren
D  John Morris

5)  The Americans call this game ‘Tick-Tack-Toe’, what do we call it? O,X,O

6)  Food and drink, from what type of food is ‘Bombay Duck’ made? FISH

7)  Science, what name is given to the elementary particle believed to have been finally identified at CERN in 2012? HIGGS BOSUN

8 )  Which Asian car maker produces the SUV ‘Sorento’ model? KIA

9)  Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park? CRYSTAL PALACE

10)  History, the United States bought Alaska from which country in 1867? RUSSIA

11)  Starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor, from what 2001 film musical does the song ‘One Day I’ll Fly Away’ come? MOULIN ROUGE

12)  Literature, in Charles Dickens’s ‘Oliver Twist’, what food does Oliver famously ask for more of when he says: “Please, Sir, I want some more”?
PORRIDGE
STINKER)  Who was the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne? DOM PERIGNON

EIFFEL TOWER
gassey
gassey
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Tue 26 Oct 2021, 8:20 pm

Lolly wrote:

1)  Which Glam Rock band had a 1974 number one with “Tiger Feet”?....MUD   Tick

2)  Geography, what body of water separates Europe from Africa?. The Med Tick

3)  TV, which character had the catchphrase of “Shut that door”?..Larry Grayson  Tick

4)  Film, what’s the name of Bruce Willis's character in the ‘Die Hard’ movies?...A
a) John McCain
b)  John  McClane
c)  John McClaren
D  John Morris

5)  The Americans call this game ‘Tick-Tack-Toe’, what do we call it?..Naughts and crosses  Tick

6)  Food and drink, from what type of food is ‘Bombay Duck’ made?...Fish   Tick

8 )  Which Asian car maker produces the SUV ‘Sorento’ model?..Kia? Tick

10)  History, the United States bought Alaska from which country in 1867?.....Russia  Tick

12)  Literature, in Charles Dickens’s ‘Oliver Twist’, what food does Oliver famously ask for more of when he says: “Please, Sir, I want some more”?..Gruel  Tick

STINKER)  Who was the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne?  Dom Perignon  Tick

Evening Lolly.
Really super dooper quizzing from you tonight, very well done.

Last edited by ramiejamie on Tue 26 Oct 2021, 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Tue 26 Oct 2021, 8:25 pm

gassey wrote:

1)  Which Glam Rock band had a 1974 number one with “Tiger Feet”?  WAS IT MUD?  Tick (THATS RIGHT , THATS RIGHT)

2)  Geography, what body of water separates Europe from Africa?   MEDIITERRANEAN Tick

3)  TV, which character had the catchphrase of “Shut that door”?    LARRY GRAYSON  Tick

a) John McCain
b)  John  McClane  B  Tick
c)  John McClaren
D  John Morris

5)  The Americans call this game ‘Tick-Tack-Toe’, what do we call it?  O,X,O  Tick

6)  Food and drink, from what type of food is ‘Bombay Duck’ made?    FISH  Tick

7)  Science, what name is given to the elementary particle believed to have been finally identified at CERN in 2012?   HIGGS BOSUN Tick

8 )  Which Asian car maker produces the SUV ‘Sorento’ model?   KIA  Tick

9)  Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park?   CRYSTAL PALACE Tick

10)  History, the United States bought Alaska from which country in 1867?    RUSSIA  Tick

11)  Starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor, from what 2001 film musical does the song ‘One Day I’ll Fly Away’ come?   MOULIN ROUGE  Tick

PORRIDGE
STINKER)  Who was the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne?    DOM PERIGNON   Tick

EIFFEL TOWER

Evening Gassey
A really cracking bit of quizzing as ever, very well played indeed.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Wed 27 Oct 2021, 1:02 pm

A very Good Afternoon.
I held the answers back because we were bowt Weatherwax, I hope all is well.

Very well played to all The Peer’s quizzers

Wigan Peers Tuesday Night Mini Quiz Answers 26-10-21

1) Which Glam Rock band had a 1974 number one with “Tiger Feet”?
Mud

2) Geography, what body of water separates Europe from Africa?
The Strait of Gibraltar / Mediterranean Sea

3) TV, which character had the catchphrase of “Shut that door”?
Larry Grayson

b) John McClane

5) The Americans call this game ‘Tick-Tack-Toe’, what do we call it?
Noughts and Crosses

6) Food and drink, from what type of food is ‘Bombay Duck’ made?
Fish

7) Science, what name is given to the elementary particle believed to have been finally identified at CERN in 2012?
Higgs Boson Particle

Kia

9) Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park?
Crystal Palace

10) History, the United States bought Alaska from which country in 1867?
Russia

Moulin Rouge

12) Literature, in Charles Dickens’s ‘Oliver Twist’, what food does Oliver famously ask for more of when he says: “Please, Sir, I want some more”?
Gruel

STINKER) Who was the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne?
Dom Pérignon

TRICKY) Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869?
The Suez Canal
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum