Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 29-10-32

5 posters

Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 29-10-32 Empty Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 29-10-32

Post by ramiejamie Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:04 pm

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 29-10-21

1) Who had a 1963 hit with ‘Sugar and Spice’?

2) Geography, in which European country would you find ‘Chopin Airport’?

3) TV, which actress has played long-running character Audrey Roberts in Coronation Street?

4) Film, what are the small orange men in ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ known as?

5) Bill Gates is the founder of which company?

6) Food and drink, which Southern Italian city is usually credited as the birthplace of the pizza?

7) Science, what is the "trapdoor" called on your windpipe that helps keep out food particles?

8 ) What Asian car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Shogun’ model?

9) Sport, scheduled to take place from 4 to 20 February, which city is hosting the 2022 Winter Olympics?

10) History, what is the name of the government, still used today, established by the Vikings in AD 979 on the Isle of Man?

11) What are the names of the rival gangs in the musical ‘West Side Story’?
a) Sharks and Tigers
b) Jets and Tigers
c) Sharks and Jets
d) Lions and Panthers

12) In cockney rhyming slang, what does ‘frog and toad’ refer to?

13) Literature, which fictional hero did Baroness Orczy create?

14) George Stephenson's first locomotive to carry passengers on a public rail line ran between which two towns?

15) Film, what do the two dogs eat in Disney’s ‘Lady and the Tramp?

16) TV, in the sitcom 'Last of the Summer Wine', which actor played Compo?

17) Who had a 1978 number one with ‘Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick’?

18) Science, what ‘P’ word is the process plants use to make sunlight into a food source.?

19) Classical music, premiered on 17 July 1717, in response to King George I’s request for a concert on the River Thames, who wrote the 3 movement orchestral suite known as ‘The Water Music’?

20) History, on which island was Napoleon Bonaparte born?

21) Food and drink, shaped like a sea shell, what kind of food is ‘Conchiglie’?

22) Geography, famous for its fantastic fossils and running from Exmouth in Devon to Studland Bay in Dorset, a distance of 96 miles, by what popular name is this stretch of coast known?

23) Literature, the 1847 novel ‘Wuthering Heights’ by Emily Brontë details the tragic romance of which two characters?
a) Elizabeth Earnshaw and Harry
b) Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff
c) Liza Earnshaw and Harold
d) Christina Earnshaw and Henry

24) What’T’ word is the art of stuffing animals for preservation?

25) ♪♫ As I walk along
I wonder what went wrong
With our love, a love that was so strong
And as I still walk on
I think of the things we've done
Together, a-while our hearts were young♪♫

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it?

WHAT YEAR BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) What year did Roger Bannister run the first sub 4 minute mile?

BQ2) What year was Decimal currency introduced in the UK

BQ3) What year did Margaret Thatcher become Prime Minister?

BQ4) What year did Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing reach the summit of Everest?

BQ5) What year did Winston Churchill die?

STINKER) What was the painter Rembrandt's last name?

TRICKY) Which English conceptual artist became famous for his installations of animals preserved in formaldehyde?
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

gassey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 29-10-32 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 29-10-32

Post by ramiejamie Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:06 pm

Many apologies folks, it appears I may have left some of the answers on my OP.
PPlease delete anything you may have copied and copy the latest post ^^^^^^^
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 29-10-32 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 29-10-32

Post by Duckyfuzz Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:11 pm

Who had  a 1963 hit with ‘Sugar and Spice’? Searchers

2)  Geography, in which European country would you find ‘Chopin Airport’? Poland Warsaw

3)  TV, which actress has played long-running character Audrey Roberts in Coronation Street? Sie Nicholls

4)  Film, what are the small orange men in ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ known as? Umpa lumpas

5)  Bill Gates is the founder of which company? Microsoft

6)  Food and drink, which Southern Italian city is usually credited as the birthplace of the pizza? Naples???

7)  Science, what is the "trapdoor" called on your windpipe that helps keep out food particles? Epiglotis

8 )  What Asian car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Shogun’ model? Mitsibushi

9)  Sport, scheduled to take place from 4 to 20 February, which city is hosting the 2022 Winter Olympics? Beijing

10)  History, what is the name of the government, still used today, established by the Vikings in AD 979 on the Isle of Man?
Tynwald
11)  What are the names of the rival gangs in the musical ‘West Side Story’?

c)  Sharks and Jets

12)  In cockney rhyming slang, what does ‘frog and toad’ refer to? Road

13)  Literature, which fictional hero did Baroness Orczy create?
Scarlet pimpernel
14)  George Stephenson's first locomotive to carry passengers on a public rail line ran between which two towns? Liverpool Manchester

15)  Film, what do the two dogs eat in Disney’s ‘Lady and the Tramp? Meatballs and spaghetti

16)  TV, in the sitcom 'Last of the Summer Wine', which actor played Compo?Bill Owen

17)  Who had a 1978 number one with ‘Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick’? Ian Dury and the blockheads

18)  Science, what ‘P’ word is the process plants use to make sunlight into a food source.? Photosynthesis

19)  Classical music, premiered on 17 July 1717, in response to King George I’s request for a concert on the River Thames, who wrote the 3 movement orchestral suite known as ‘The Water Music’? Handel

20)  History, on which island was Napoleon Bonaparte born?
Corsica 😬

21)  Food and drink, shaped like a sea shell, what kind of food is ‘Conchiglie’?
Pasta and again

22)  Geography, famous for its fantastic fossils and running from Exmouth in Devon to Studland Bay in Dorset, a distance of 96 miles, by what popular name is this stretch of coast known?
 The Jurassic Coast  

23)  Literature, the 1847 novel ‘Wuthering Heights’ by Emily Brontë details the tragic romance of which two characters?

b)  Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff

24)  What’T’ word is the art of stuffing animals for preservation?
        Taxidermy oh dear 😳

25)  ♪♫ As I walk along
           I wonder what went wrong
            And as I still walk on

Runaway / Del Shannon

WHAT YEAR  BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  What year did Roger Bannister run the first sub 4 minute mile?

BQ2)   What year was Decimal currency introduced in the UK?

BQ3)  What year did Margaret Thatcher become Prime Minister?

BQ4)  What year did Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing reach the summit of Everest?

BQ5)  What year did Winston Churchill die?

STINKER)  What was the painter Rembrandt's last name?
Van Rijn

TRICKY)  Which English conceptual artist became famous for his installations of animals preserved in formaldehyde?
Damien Hurst

ramiejamie 

LIKEDISLIKE

Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Post by Duckyfuzz Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:13 pm

Sorry about that Ray, think we both posted at the same time. Still was a cracking quiz though, thanks for all your hard work Ray really appreciate it Thumbs Up
Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:19 pm

Duckyfuzz wrote:Who had  a 1963 hit with ‘Sugar and Spice’? Searchers  Tick

2)  Geography, in which European country would you find ‘Chopin Airport’? Poland  Warsaw  Tick

3)  TV, which actress has played long-running character Audrey Roberts in Coronation Street? Sie Nicholls Tick

4)  Film, what are the small orange men in ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ known as? Umpa lumpas Tick

5)  Bill Gates is the founder of which company? Microsoft Tick

6)  Food and drink, which Southern Italian city is usually credited as the birthplace of the pizza?  Naples???  Tick

7)  Science, what is the "trapdoor" called on your windpipe that helps keep out food particles? Epiglotis Tick

8 )  What Asian car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Shogun’ model? Mitsibushi Tick

9)  Sport, scheduled to take place from 4 to 20 February, which city is hosting the 2022 Winter Olympics? Beijing Tick

10)  History, what is the name of the government, still used today, established by the Vikings in AD 979 on the Isle of Man?
Tynwald Tick

c)  Sharks and Jets  Tick

12)  In cockney rhyming slang, what does ‘frog and toad’ refer to? Road Tick

Scarlet pimpernel Tick

14)  George Stephenson's first locomotive to carry passengers on a public rail line ran between which two towns? Liverpool Manchester Tick

15)  Film, what do the two dogs eat in Disney’s ‘Lady and the Tramp?  Meatballs and spaghetti Tick

16)  TV, in the sitcom 'Last of the Summer Wine', which actor played Compo?Bill Owen Tick

17)  Who had a 1978 number one with ‘Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick’? Ian Dury and the blockheads Tick

18)  Science, what ‘P’ word is the process plants use to make sunlight into a food source.? Photosynthesis Tick

19)  Classical music, premiered on 17 July 1717, in response to King George I’s request for a concert on the River Thames, who wrote the 3 movement orchestral suite known as ‘The Water Music’? Handel Tick

Corsica  😬 Tick

21)  Food and drink, shaped like a sea shell, what kind of food is ‘Conchiglie’?
Pasta and again Tick

22)  Geography, famous for its fantastic fossils and running from Exmouth in Devon to Studland Bay in Dorset, a distance of 96 miles, by what popular name is this stretch of coast known?
 The Jurassic Coast  Tick

23)  Literature, the 1847 novel ‘Wuthering Heights’ by Emily Brontë details the tragic romance of which two characters?
b)  Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff  Tick

Taxidermy oh dear 😳 Tick

25)  ♪♫ As I walk along
           I wonder what went wrong
            And as I still walk on

Runaway / Del Shannon   Tick

1954  Tick

1971 Tick

1979 Tick

BQ4)  What year did Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing reach the summit of Everest?
1953  Tick

1965 Tick

Van Rijn  Tick

TRICKY)  Which English conceptual artist became famous for his installations of animals preserved in formaldehyde?
Damien Hurst Tick

ramiejamie 

LIKEDISLIKE

Evening DF.
Another brilliant piece of quizzing from you, only the 'George Stephenson' question eluded you, very well played.
Many apologies for me leaving some of the answers on  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed

Last edited by ramiejamie on Fri 29 Oct 2021, 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:23 pm

ramiejamie wrote: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 29-10-21

1)  Who had  a 1963 hit with ‘Sugar and Spice’?,,Searchers

2)  Geography, in which European country would you find ‘Chopin Airport’?..Poland

3)  TV, which actress has played long-running character Audrey Roberts in Coronation Street?..Sue Nicholls

4)  Film, what are the small orange men in ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ known as?

5)  Bill Gates is the founder of which company?..Microsoft

6)  Food and drink, which Southern Italian city is usually credited as the birthplace of the pizza?..Naples

7)  Science, what is the "trapdoor" called on your windpipe that helps keep out food particles?..epiglotis

8 )  What Asian car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Shogun’ model?..Mitsubishi

9)  Sport, scheduled to take place from 4 to 20 February, which city is hosting the 2022 Winter Olympics?..Beijing?

10)  History, what is the name of the government, still used today, established by the Vikings in AD 979 on the Isle of Man?..Tynwald

11)  What are the names of the rival gangs in the musical ‘West Side Story’?....C
a)  Sharks and Tigers
b)  Jets and Tigers
c)  Sharks and Jets
d)  Lions and Panthers

12)  In cockney rhyming slang, what does ‘frog and toad’ refer to?

13)  Literature, which fictional hero did Baroness Orczy create?..Pimpernell

14)  George Stephenson's first locomotive to carry passengers on a public rail line ran between which two towns?..Liverpool and manchester?

15)  Film, what do the two dogs eat in Disney’s ‘Lady and the Tramp?

16)  TV, in the sitcom 'Last of the Summer Wine', which actor played Compo?..Bill Owen?

17)  Who had a 1978 number one with ‘Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick’?

18)  Science, what ‘P’ word is the process plants use to make sunlight into a food source.?..Photosynthasis

19)  Classical music, premiered on 17 July 1717, in response to King George I’s request for a concert on the River Thames, who wrote the 3 movement orchestral suite known as ‘The Water Music’?..Handel

20)  History, on which island was Napoleon Bonaparte born?..Elba

21)  Food and drink, shaped like a sea shell, what kind of food is ‘Conchiglie’?..Pasta

23)  Literature, the 1847 novel ‘Wuthering Heights’ by Emily Brontë details the tragic romance of which two characters?..B
a)  Elizabeth Earnshaw and Harry
c)  Liza Earnshaw and Harold
d)  Christina Earnshaw and Henry

24)  What’T’ word is the art of stuffing animals for preservation?..Taxidermy

25)  ♪♫ As I walk along
           I wonder what went wrong
            And as I still walk on

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it?..Runaway Del Shannon

BQ1)  What year did Roger Bannister run the first sub 4 minute mile?..1954

BQ2)   What year was Decimal currency introduced in the UK..1972

BQ3)  What year did Margaret Thatcher become Prime Minister?..1979

BQ5)  What year did Winston Churchill die?..1965?

Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:26 pm

Duckyfuzz wrote:Sorry about that Ray, think we both posted at the same time. Still was a cracking quiz though, thanks for all your hard work Ray really appreciate it Thumbs Up

Many thanks DF, kind words indeed.
As ever very well played indeed.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:31 pm

Lolly wrote:

1)  Who had  a 1963 hit with ‘Sugar and Spice’?,,Searchers Tick

2)  Geography, in which European country would you find ‘Chopin Airport’?..Poland Tick

3)  TV, which actress has played long-running character Audrey Roberts in Coronation Street?..Sue Nicholls Tick

4)  Film, what are the small orange men in ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ known as?

5)  Bill Gates is the founder of which company?..Microsoft    Tick

6)  Food and drink, which Southern Italian city is usually credited as the birthplace of the pizza?..Naples  Tick

7)  Science, what is the "trapdoor" called on your windpipe that helps keep out food particles?..epiglotis Tick

8 )  What Asian car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Shogun’ model?..Mitsubishi  Tick

9)  Sport, scheduled to take place from 4 to 20 February, which city is hosting the 2022 Winter Olympics?..Beijing?  Tick

10)  History, what is the name of the government, still used today, established by the Vikings in AD 979 on the Isle of Man?..Tynwald  Tick

11)  What are the names of the rival gangs in the musical ‘West Side Story’?....C  Tick
a)  Sharks and Tigers
b)  Jets and Tigers
c)  Sharks and Jets
d)  Lions and Panthers

13)  Literature, which fictional hero did Baroness Orczy create?..Pimpernell  Tick

14)  George Stephenson's first locomotive to carry passengers on a public rail line ran between which two towns?..Liverpool and manchester?   Tick

16)  TV, in the sitcom 'Last of the Summer Wine', which actor played Compo?..Bill Owen?  Tick

18)  Science, what ‘P’ word is the process plants use to make sunlight into a food source.?..Photosynthasis  Tick

19)  Classical music, premiered on 17 July 1717, in response to King George I’s request for a concert on the River Thames, who wrote the 3 movement orchestral suite known as ‘The Water Music’?..Handel  Tick

20)  History, on which island was Napoleon Bonaparte born?..Elba

21)  Food and drink, shaped like a sea shell, what kind of food is ‘Conchiglie’?..Pasta  Tick

23)  Literature, the 1847 novel ‘Wuthering Heights’ by Emily Brontë details the tragic romance of which two characters?..B
b)  Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff   Tick

24)  What’T’ word is the art of stuffing animals for preservation?..Taxidermy  Tick

25)  ♪♫ As I walk along
           I wonder what went wrong
            And as I still walk on

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it?..Runaway Del Shannon  Tick

BQ1)  What year did Roger Bannister run the first sub 4 minute mile?..1954  Tick

BQ2)   What year was Decimal currency introduced in the UK..1972  

BQ3)  What year did Margaret Thatcher become Prime Minister?..1979  Tick

BQ5)  What year did Winston Churchill die?..1965?  Tick

Evening Lolly
A really excellent bit of quizzing from you, very well played indeed..

Last edited by ramiejamie on Fri 29 Oct 2021, 9:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Weatherwax Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:32 pm

1. The Searchers
2. Poland
3. Sue Nicholls
4. Oompa Lumpas
5. Microsoft
6. Naples
7. The Epiglottis
8. Mitsubishi
9. Beijing
10. Tynwald
11. c. Sharks and Jets
12. Road
13. The Scarlet Pimpernell
14. Liverpool and Manchester
15. Spaghetti and meatballs
16. Bill Owen
17. Ian Dury and The Blockheads
18. Photosynthesis
19. Handel
20. Corsica
21. Pasta
22. Jurassic Coast
23. b. Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliffe
24. Taxidermy
25. Runaway by Del Shannon

Bonus Questions.
1. 1952
2. 1971
3. 1979
4. 1953
5. 1965

Stinker:= Van Rijn
Tricky:= Damien Hirst
Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by Weatherwax Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:35 pm

Please can I change answer to question 14. and try Stockton and Darlington
Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by gassey Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:37 pm

1)  Who had  a 1963 hit with ‘Sugar and Spice’? SEARCHERS

2)  Geography, in which European country would you find ‘Chopin Airport’? POLAND

3)  TV, which actress has played long-running character Audrey Roberts in Coronation Street? SUE NICHOLS

4)  Film, what are the small orange men in ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ known as? OOMPA LOOMPAS

5)  Bill Gates is the founder of which company? MICROSOFT

6)  Food and drink, which Southern Italian city is usually credited as the birthplace of the pizza? NAPLES

7)  Science, what is the "trapdoor" called on your windpipe that helps keep out food particles? EPIGLOTIS

8 )  What Asian car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Shogun’ model? MITSUBISHI

9)  Sport, scheduled to take place from 4 to 20 February, which city is hosting the 2022 Winter Olympics?

10)  History, what is the name of the government, still used today, established by the Vikings in AD 979 on the Isle of Man? TYNWALD

a)  Sharks and Tigers
b)  Jets and Tigers
c)  Sharks and Jets C
d)  Lions and Panthers

12)  In cockney rhyming slang, what does ‘frog and toad’ refer to? ROAD

14)  George Stephenson's first locomotive to carry passengers on a public rail line ran between which two towns? LIVERPOOL/ MANCHESTER

16)  TV, in the sitcom 'Last of the Summer Wine', which actor played Compo? BILL OWEN

17)  Who had a 1978 number one with ‘Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick’? IAN DRURY AND THE BLOCKHEADS

18)  Science, what ‘P’ word is the process plants use to make sunlight into a food source.? PHOTOSYNESIS

19)  Classical music, premiered on 17 July 1717, in response to King George I’s request for a concert on the River Thames, who wrote the 3 movement orchestral suite known as ‘The Water Music’? HANDEL

21)  Food and drink, shaped like a sea shell, what kind of food is ‘Conchiglie’? PASTA

22)  Geography, famous for its fantastic fossils and running from Exmouth in Devon to Studland Bay in Dorset, a distance of 96 miles, by what popular name is this stretch of coast known? JURRASSIC COAST

b)  Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff B

24)  What’T’ word is the art of stuffing animals for preservation? TAXIDERMY

25)  ♪♫ As I walk along
           I wonder what went wrong
            And as I still walk on

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it? RUNAWAY.....DEL SHANNON

BQ1)  What year did Roger Bannister run the first sub 4 minute mile? 1954

BQ2)   What year was Decimal currency introduced in the UK 1971

BQ3)  What year did Margaret Thatcher become Prime Minister? 1978

BQ4)  What year did Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing reach the summit of Everest? 1953

BQ5)  What year did Winston Churchill die? 1964

gassey
gassey
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:38 pm

Weatherwax wrote:1. The Searchers  Tick
2. Poland  Tick
3. Sue Nicholls  Tick
4. Oompa Lumpas  Tick
5. Microsoft Tick
6. Naples  Tick
7. The Epiglottis  Tick
8. Mitsubishi  Tick
9. Beijing  Tick
10. Tynwald  Tick
11. c. Sharks and Jets  Tick
12. Road  Tick
13. The Scarlet Pimpernell  Tick
14. Liverpool and Manchester Tick  / Stockton and Darlington  Tick
15. Spaghetti and meatballs  Tick
16. Bill Owen  Tick
17. Ian Dury and The Blockheads    Tick
18. Photosynthesis  Tick
19. Handel  Tick
20. Corsica  Tick
21. Pasta Tick
22. Jurassic Coast Tick
23. b. Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliffe   Tick
24. Taxidermy  Tick
25. Runaway  by  Del Shannon  Tick

Bonus Questions.
1. 1952
2. 1971  Tick
3. 1979  Tick
4. 1953 Tick
5. 1965  Tick

Stinker:= Van Rijn  Tick
Tricky:= Damien Hirst  Tick  

Evening Weatherwax.
A really superb bit of quizzing as ever, you even got the car and sport tonight, very well played indeed.

Last edited by ramiejamie on Fri 29 Oct 2021, 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:40 pm

Weatherwax wrote:Please can I change answer to question 14. and try Stockton and Darlington

I have duly altered it, well done.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:45 pm

gassey wrote:

1)  Who had  a 1963 hit with ‘Sugar and Spice’?   SEARCHERS  Tick

2)  Geography, in which European country would you find ‘Chopin Airport’?     POLAND  Tick

3)  TV, which actress has played long-running character Audrey Roberts in Coronation Street?   SUE NICHOLS  Tick

4)  Film, what are the small orange men in ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ known as?   OOMPA LOOMPAS  Tick

5)  Bill Gates is the founder of which company?   MICROSOFT Tick

6)  Food and drink, which Southern Italian city is usually credited as the birthplace of the pizza?   NAPLES  Tick

7)  Science, what is the "trapdoor" called on your windpipe that helps keep out food particles?  EPIGLOTIS  Tick

8 )  What Asian car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Shogun’ model?  MITSUBISHI  Tick

9)  Sport, scheduled to take place from 4 to 20 February, which city is hosting the 2022 Winter Olympics?

10)  History, what is the name of the government, still used today, established by the Vikings in AD 979 on the Isle of Man?  TYNWALD  Tick

a)  Sharks and Tigers
b)  Jets and Tigers:tick2:
c)  Sharks and Jets   C  
d)  Lions and Panthers

12)  In cockney rhyming slang, what does ‘frog and toad’ refer to?    ROAD  Tick

14)  George Stephenson's first locomotive to carry passengers on a public rail line ran between which two towns?  LIVERPOOL/ MANCHESTER Tick

16)  TV, in the sitcom 'Last of the Summer Wine', which actor played Compo?   BILL OWEN  Tick

17)  Who had a 1978 number one with ‘Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick’?  IAN DRURY AND THE BLOCKHEADS Tick  

18)  Science, what ‘P’ word is the process plants use to make sunlight into a food source.?   PHOTOSYNESIS  Tick

19)  Classical music, premiered on 17 July 1717, in response to King George I’s request for a concert on the River Thames, who wrote the 3 movement orchestral suite known as ‘The Water Music’?   HANDEL  Tick

21)  Food and drink, shaped like a sea shell, what kind of food is ‘Conchiglie’?   PASTA  Tick

22)  Geography, famous for its fantastic fossils and running from Exmouth in Devon to Studland Bay in Dorset, a distance of 96 miles, by what popular name is this stretch of coast known?    JURRASSIC COAST  Tick

b)  Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff   B  Tick

24)  What’T’ word is the art of stuffing animals for preservation?    TAXIDERMY  Tick

25)  ♪♫ As I walk along
           I wonder what went wrong
            And as I still walk on

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it?   RUNAWAY.....DEL SHANNON  Tick

BQ1)  What year did Roger Bannister run the first sub 4 minute mile?     1954  Tick

BQ2)   What year was Decimal currency introduced in the UK   1971  Tick

BQ3)  What year did Margaret Thatcher become Prime Minister?   1978

BQ4)  What year did Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing reach the summit of Everest?  1953  Tick

BQ5)  What year did Winston Churchill die?   1964

Evening Gassey.
A really super bit of quizzing from you, very well played indeed.

Last edited by ramiejamie on Fri 29 Oct 2021, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Weatherwax Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:48 pm

Thanks RMJ. I really UUmmed and AAAhhhd over that one. I changed it about three times while I was doing it. Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 29-10-32 Animated-feeling-smiley-image-0354
Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:51 pm

Weatherwax wrote:Thanks RMJ. I really UUmmed and AAAhhhd over that one. I changed it about three times while I was doing it.     Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 29-10-32 Animated-feeling-smiley-image-0354

WW, very well played.
I seems most people opted for Liverpool and Manchester, but you are correct.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri 29 Oct 2021, 8:53 pm

Many thanks RMJ

Apparently it wasn't Rocket science Get Me Coat
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 29 Oct 2021, 9:01 pm

Lolly wrote:Many thanks RMJ

Apparently it wasn't Rocket science Get Me Coat

LOL, many thanks Lolly.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 29 Oct 2021, 9:02 pm

Well, it appears I have a red face again !!!!!!!!

George Stephenson's first locomotive to carry passengers on a public rail line ran between which two towns?

It appears the Liverpool and Manchester is correct for fee paying passengers, but Stephenson’s first railway ran from Stockton to Darlington.
It appears my question was badly worded.
I will duly add ticks to your posts.
Many apologies.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 29 Oct 2021, 10:00 pm

Very well played to all the Wigan Peers quizzers..

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz Answers 29-10-21

1)  Who had  a 1963 hit with ‘Sugar and Spice’?
 The Searchers    

2)  Geography, in which European country would you find ‘Chopin Airport’?
    Poland  

3)  TV, which actress has plays long-running character Audrey Roberts in Coronation Street?
Sue Nicholls      

Oompa Loompas      

5)  Bill Gates is the founder of which company?
   Microsoft  

6)  Food and drink, which Southern Italian city is usually credited as the birthplace of the pizza?
   Naples  

7)  Science, what is the "trapdoor" called on your windpipe that helps keep out food particles?
     Epiglottis

8 )  What Asian car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Shogun’ model?
  Mitsubishi

Beijing, The People's Republic of China    

Tynwald

c)  Sharks and Jets      

Road

The Scarlet Pimpernel  

14)  George Stephenson's first locomotive to carry passengers on a public rail line ran between which two towns?
Liverpool and Manchester / Stockton and Darlington    

A bowl of spaghetti    

16)  TV, in the sitcom 'Last of the Summer Wine', which actor played Compo?
 Bill Owen    

Ian Dury's and The Blockheads    

18)  Science, what ‘P’ word is the process plants use to make sunlight into a food source.
    Photosynthesis  

19)  Classical music, premiered on 17 July 1717, in response to King George I’s request for a concert on the River Thames, who wrote the 3 movement orchestral suite known as ‘The Water Music’?
  George Fridrich Handel    

Corsica  

Pasta  

The Jurassic Coast  

Taxidermy

25)  ♪♫ As I walk along
           I wonder what went wrong
            And as I still walk on

Runaway / Del Shannon

BQ4)  What year did Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing reached the summit of Everest?

Van Rijn      

Damien Hirst
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by gassey Sat 30 Oct 2021, 8:37 am

another belter Ray , thanks again , much appreciated Thumbs Up
gassey
gassey
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Sat 30 Oct 2021, 1:19 pm

gassey wrote:

another belter Ray , thanks again , much appreciated Thumbs Up

Thank you, you're very welcome Gassey, as ever you played a cracker.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum