Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dad's Home...

2 posters

Go down

Dad's Home... Empty Dad's Home...

Post by Admin Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:00 pm

Ah, how I remember running up to the top of Helvellyn Road, in Norley to greet my dad as came home from work at Leyland Motors.

He was a welder and wore a boiler suit which smelled of oil and stuff. I was 7-8 years old. He got off the bus in Pem and walked down Fleet Street to Lamberhead Rd and then down to Helvellyn where we lived. He could have stayed on the bus but it cost more as Pem was a Stage Post and the rates were based on the Stage Post....Gee,,,anything to save a penny back then...Bless my family and the way of life back in the 1950's.

Dad's Home... Dad_s_10
Admin
Admin
Admin
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

https://wigan-peers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dad's Home... Empty Re: Dad's Home...

Post by Maureen Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:25 pm

Fred,what a lovely memory of your Dad,and I love that painting..I can't make out the artists name,do you know who it is.
Maureen
Maureen
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:05 am

Mo, It looks like Sandia Ford, but I will investigate...!!
Thumbs Up

EDIT: May be Sandra Ford.

Methinks.....Sandra Ford

Artist Sandra Ford is from Liverpool, England and now lives in Florida. Having always loved to draw and paint, Sandra is now retired and has plenty of time to focus on her Art. She particularly enjoys painting British Nostalgic scenes recalling her many fond memories of growing up in Liverpool. Sandra also paints other subjects, and can do commissioned work tailored to your ideas and memories, but most people seem to enjoy her paintings of the nostalgic scenes.

Please visit the gallery page of our website to view paintings that are available for sale. If you like a painting in the gallery that may have been sold already, Sandra can paint you another similar painting. As mentioned before, she can also do a commissioned painting that reflects your ideas and memories.

For more information about Sandra Ford or her paintings please contact us by email at sandraford@sandrafordsart.com.  Thank you for your interest and please enjoy the paintings in our gallery.
Admin
Admin
Admin
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

https://wigan-peers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: