Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can My Tv Stand It

+4
ramiejamie
Naughty Mitten
Tommy Two Stroke
Lolly
8 posters

Go down

Can My Tv Stand It Empty Can My Tv Stand It

Post by Lolly Fri 01 Mar 2024, 10:36 am

George Galloway wins Rochdale by election. Shocked  Will this mean his face will be all over the media. I fear it will. He makers my flesh creep.
Kier Starmer will be fuming. As will other parties.  Turnout of only 39%.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2024-03-01/rochdale-by-election-george-galloway-win-overturns-huge-labour-majority
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Can My Tv Stand It Empty Re: Can My Tv Stand It

Post by Tommy Two Stroke Fri 01 Mar 2024, 11:04 am

Well he will liven things up a bit Very Happy

You can't really take much from a byelection, because of the traditional low voter turnout, but what I take from that election result is that the Reform Party did terrible, which is what I expected, but the Conservatives did better than I expected, I thought that the Looney Party would have done better, but there mustn't be many Loonies in Rochdale No
Tommy Two Stroke
Tommy Two Stroke

https://www.loonyparty.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri 01 Mar 2024, 11:14 am

How many other places did he stand in prior to Rochdale?
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Naughty Mitten Fri 01 Mar 2024, 11:15 am

He likes a saucer of milk
Naughty Mitten
Naughty Mitten
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri 01 Mar 2024, 11:17 am

Glasgow Hillhead (later Glasgow Kelvin): In 1987, George Galloway was elected as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Glasgow Hillhead, which later became Glasgow Kelvin. He represented this constituency until 2005
Bethnal Green and Bow: In 2005, Galloway moved south and became an MP for the Respect Party in Bethnal Green and Bow. He defeated the sitting Labour MP, Oona King, by a narrow margin of just over 800 votes1.
Bradford West: In 2012, he ventured north and won the Bradford West by-election. His victory in this constituency marked another significant chapter in his political career2.
Rochdale: Most recently, in the 2024 by-election, George Galloway triumphed in Rochdale, securing a substantial majority of 12,335 votes. Notably, this victory makes him the MP for Rochdale, representing his own Workers Party of Britain
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri 01 Mar 2024, 11:20 am

Naughty Mitten wrote:He likes a saucer of milk

That rings a bell cat
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 01 Mar 2024, 11:21 am

‘This is for Gaza’: George Galloway wins UK seat after campaigning against Israel.
In victory speech, veteran left-winger says Keir Starmer ‘will pay a high price’ for backing Jewish state against Hamas, claims the Labour party leader is in the ‘pocket of Israel’.

Talk about anti semitism !!!!!
Of course he doesn’t belong to a party with any numbers, so he can’t be thrown out and I suppose his view are his own.

Sunak will be pleased that he hasn’t lost yet another bi election to Labour.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Two Stroke Fri 01 Mar 2024, 11:26 am

I always hated George Galloway, but when the Americans, the American administration actually, they accused him of receiving money from Saddam Hussein, he blew his top and went over to America and told them in no uncertain terms that he had not received any money from Maddas, he put um reet on that one.

Tommy Two Stroke
Tommy Two Stroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri 01 Mar 2024, 6:15 pm

PM Rishi Sunak has just finished giving an announcement outside No 10 - the media were invited at short notice
He says the country is seeing a "shocking increase in criminality related to extremism" and we must "draw a line"
This week, the PM warned police chiefs of a "growing consensus that mob rule is replacing democratic rule"
The Home Office is spending £31m on protecting MPs - it says that's in response to the impact of the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict
The Commons saw chaotic scenes last week when speaker Lindsay Hoyle did away with convention during a debate about Gaza
Last night, the Tory party failed to win a byelection in Rochdale - the seat went to George Galloway who said his victory was "for Gaza"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-68451380
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Two Stroke Fri 01 Mar 2024, 7:30 pm

Well Lolly, you were right, his face has been all over the media all day, and it's put wind up Rishi, on about which I wonder what they have got planned as regards, this more rigorous policing of protests, maybe martial law, detention without trial, bringing back the 'Press Gang' to address the shortage of sailors in the Royal Navy.
Tommy Two Stroke
Tommy Two Stroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri 01 Mar 2024, 8:17 pm

If I were the speaker of the commons, I'd make sure he never gets to speak No
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

ramiejamie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 01 Mar 2024, 8:46 pm

The man has a checkered, controversial and not successful past, he praised Saddam Hussein and did an infamous ‘Big Brother’ scene pretending to be a cat !!!!!!
Do you really want this man representing your town?
It seems to me that the whole premise of Galloway’s campaign was based purely on making noises in support of the Palestinians in Gaza.
All the people who were shown being interviewed by the BBC after voting were Asian or Middle Eastern looking and it seems he said the things they wanted to hear.
In the real World the people of Rochdale’s concerns should be health care, high street decline, social provisions and other important matters, not a war being fought thousands of miles away.
He will be judged in the future on addressing those things, let’s see how he fairs, he is fine at fancy rhetoric and well chosen phrases, but at everyday matters I think not.

ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommytee Fri 01 Mar 2024, 9:32 pm

i feel sorry for the people of Rochdale, but i suppose if people don't get out and vote then you cant complane.

Tommytee
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Post by -OY- Fri 01 Mar 2024, 10:03 pm

Yon mon's 'apenny short of aif a crown.
-OY-
-OY-
gold

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri 01 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm

Nigel Farage has said there needs to be a review into the way postal votes were collected in the Rochdale by-election after it emerged that almost half of all votes cast came through that method.

Rochdale Borough Council have confirmed that 13,460 postal votes were cast in the Rochdale by-election, 43.2 percent of the votes cast and more than 12,335 received by winner George Galloway

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/nigel-farage-calls-for-investigation-into-rochdale-by-election-postal-voting/ar-BB1jbzD3?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=cd9a98fafb2f46f18a069695335a5e4d&ei=11
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Mar 2024, 7:27 am

I do not understand how such a person gets so much backing?????
Admin
Admin
Admin
gold

https://wigan-peers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Sat 02 Mar 2024, 11:01 am

It' been reported that a candidate received death threats

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-68408356

Simon Danczuk
@SimonDanczuk
·
21h
We must stop intimidation and death threats from becoming normalised in our British political system.

Have a listen here to some of what we had to put up with during the Rochdale By-Election.
Times Radio
@TimesRadio
·
21h
“I think there is intimidation going on in some seats.”

@SimonDanczuk, the Reform UK candidate in the Rochdale by-election, tells @MattChorley there are “questions about how we do democracy”.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1763554761666666806
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Broady Sat 02 Mar 2024, 12:40 pm

I think the point of no return has been passed. I, and people of my generation , have been temporary custodians of the earth and we have made an abysmal hash of it. The next generation have lots of issues to resolve. I predict more wars between countries and more civil wars in the not too distant future. Anyway Leeds and Catalans beckons shortly so time to prepare myself.

Broady

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Sun 03 Mar 2024, 10:35 am

Couldn't agree more Broady. I sometimes say to myself, " what is my granddaughter's future going to be like" as you say lots for them to resolve.
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Broady Tue 05 Mar 2024, 1:25 pm

I see Rule Brittania is under threat again. The MP, who was of course born elsewhere, thinks folk music should replace it. What planet are they on? If you don’t like Last Night of the Proms don’t watch it. Another nail in the coffin I’m afraid. There is a bottle of Magners with my name on somewhere so off I go to find it. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Can My Tv Stand It 1508902821

Broady

Admin and Lolly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum