Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the UK we drive on the left of the road

+2
Lolly
Naughty Mitten
6 posters

Go down

In the UK we drive on the left of the road Empty In the UK we drive on the left of the road

Post by Naughty Mitten Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:54 pm

In Wigan we drive on what's left of the road
Naughty Mitten
Naughty Mitten
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

Back to top Go down

In the UK we drive on the left of the road Empty Re: In the UK we drive on the left of the road

Post by Lolly Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:56 pm

We need a pot hole filler Get Me Coat

In the UK we drive on the left of the road R.d0e8d55b07aaff546fb221fa0bb414ac?rik=XwTS%2fSDw7nEEVg&riu=http%3a%2f%2fstatic1.squarespace.com%2fstatic%2f5aba67e69d5abb563dbfb6a0%2f5d25a3cd21eb190001e78e56%2f5d480b5631602900014f34a4%2f1565002781874%2fpotholes
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

In the UK we drive on the left of the road Empty Re: In the UK we drive on the left of the road

Post by ramiejamie Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:59 pm

I don't know where that is but it's as bad as it gets !!!!.
I don't think there's anywhere either local or in the UK that doesn't have a road somewhere like that,and it's all the fault of our poor under funded cash strapped councils !!!!  Whistling
Don't you feel sorry for the stupid inefficient load of money wasters !!!!  NO  Mad
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:33 pm

I took the pic from the internet RMJ. There are pot holes in every town just like that. No
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

ramiejamie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Naughty Mitten Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:41 am

Standish

In the UK we drive on the left of the road B25lY21zOjZmNDY0NjY3LWFhNjUtNDBmZC1iMzUzLWFiNThhNGQ4OGM3MDo3YzAyNDlmZi01YjQ5LTQ2NTctYTc5OC1iNmM1OTAxYWRmZDc=

Take, for instance, Quaker’s Place at Standish, a section of which is unadopted and has some very deep potholes. Councillors and residents have been campaigning for years for these to be filled in, not only because they can cause vehicle damage but also because motorists are then inclined to mount kerbs to avoid them and so endanger pedestrians. The road is well used by Wood Fold Primary school run parents.

But there remains confusion as to who owns the land in question. Residents say that they thought it was the “Electricity Board”.

A spokesperson for Electricity North West told Wigan Today confirmed it had owned the land around the substation but it was transferred to Wigan Council in the 1970s!

https://www.wigantoday.net/news/transport/road-repairs-wigan-council-spending-seven-figure-sum-repairing-potholes-4573348
Naughty Mitten
Naughty Mitten
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:46 am

We have a similar problem here about who owns the land. It's been going on for years.
Needless to say I've not used that stretch road for years. No
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Joe Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:51 am

Lolly wrote:I took the pic from the internet RMJ. There are pot holes in every town just like that. No

I can think of one road in the UK that does not have a pothole.... I've driven, or rather ridden it many times and the surface has always been perfect.
Uncle Joe
Uncle Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Naughty Mitten Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:57 am

Would you ever fly if runways were left to get in that condition?
Naughty Mitten
Naughty Mitten
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Broady Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:49 pm

I was reading yesterday of the obscene amounts GB sends all round the world to places like China, Pakistan, India etc. if they were to stop pretending they are still a world power and spent that money on roads for example the problem would be solved. The amounts distributed would pay for lots more problems to be remedied. Our roads in Canada get hammered but in Calgary, where temps differ by as much as seventy degrees between seasons , they have a rolling programme to resurface most roads. Expensive but necessary.

Broady

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Two Stroke Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:32 pm

In the UK we drive on the left of the road Ph1n
Tommy Two Stroke
Tommy Two Stroke

https://www.loonyparty.com/

Broady likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:25 pm

Broady wrote:I was reading yesterday of the obscene amounts GB sends all round the world to places like China, Pakistan, India etc. if they were to stop pretending they are still a world power and spent that money on roads for example the problem would be solved. The amounts distributed would pay for lots more problems to be remedied. Our roads in Canada get hammered but in Calgary, where temps differ by as much as seventy degrees between seasons , they have a rolling programme to resurface most roads. Expensive but necessary.

The overseas aid budget was cut in 2021
Previously, the commitment was to allocate 0.7% of gross national income (GNI) for foreign aid. However, in response to the economic impact of the pandemic, the government temporarily reduced this target to 0.5% of GNI starting from 2021

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57362816
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Broady Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:00 pm

And?.?? Are they still doling monies out all over the world? Even at a reduced rate.

Broady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum